Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ringtone delema - duplicates

Default Ringtone delema - duplicates
    I have a 1.1.4 jailbroken phone with iLiberty. I tried adding ringtones with iphoneringtonemaker but my serial key isnt working anymore so i only got 1 on there and their customer service blows.

I tried the itunes way of converting and adding it, it works....only problem is they all have the same name and play the same song on the phone. Under itunes, it shows them as they should be, and play as they should be.....

Any hints? Only thing i can think of is that its because iphoneringtonemaker put a ringtone on there first and may have messed with some file on the phone.

Smile ALThai
    I have just solve this problem by the following steps, for all the iphone user out there, you do not need to waste money on other software any more(at least till before Itune came out with some thing to block us again).

1) Convert any songs/music that is less then 39 seconds play time to AAC file.
    2) Store it to other folder or drag it to the desk top.

3) Change the file name from what ever it is to .m4r. ( for mac user, you can open the folder and go to"get info" and you can change the file name from there)
    4) go back to your Itune and delete the original songs and the duplicated AAC songs.(you will see two same titles after you convert the original to AAC file)
    5) Back to your desk top/folder where you have stored your .m4r music and open the songs using Itune.......there you go, it will be open under the Ringtone library of Itune.
    6) The last step will be to Sync your Iphone with your Itune using manual mode and go under Ringtone Header, go click what ever songs that you want to sync to your Iphone.

Hope the above is clear enough for a happy user...............

As I previously posted in another thread, I get duplicates of one song when I sync more than 1 song at a time.

Any cure to this duplicate problem? I want to use more than 1 custom ringtone.

tried those steps, its how i have been doing it - still nothing =\

any other suggestions?

having same problem here as well...