Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Female Dialpad Sounds

Thumbs up New Female Dialpad Sounds
    As promised, here are new female dial pad sounds...

Enjoy!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HanHookie For This Useful Post:

DobyTheDoggy (2007-12-28), Doreen (2007-10-03), evolutionarymc (2008-09-15), iBlade (2008-01-12), kingscrown00 (2007-10-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

This is completelyyyy insane! hehe

"Thank you" I like the Mamacita one cuz she sounds soft and not overbearing when you dial (who would have thought this would be usable and not drive you crazy)

Yikes! Excellent work...

(too bad ibrickr doesn't let you use voice files for the calculator as well?)

Thanks! And you are very welcome! Are the Pancake voices too loud / overbearing? I haven't tried them on my phone yet (i should have...) lemme know, and ill edit them accordingly....

...is it just me or it that the iphones speaker cant take mastered sounds...i notice that i have to turn down my ipod when listening to music through the iphones speakers because theyre so weak they cant take anything semi loud. What a great device, but geez, the iphone lacks many features I would expect the phone to come with (louder output volume, cut and friggin paste, gps...) anyway, let me know guys, and ill get on it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have a question... I am using AppTap on my iPhone with the "Customize" application to change system sounds. However, how can i use the ones posted on these forums without using the "Customize" application. I would like to add my own as well. There is a small selection of audio files available using the Installer on the iPhone.

If I use iBrickr, do I need to follow all the steps from Step 1 since I am already using AppTap?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

nice
     Think Different

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HanHookie View Post
    Thanks! And you are very welcome! Are the Pancake voices too loud / overbearing? I haven't tried them on my phone yet (i should have...) lemme know, and ill edit them accordingly....

...is it just me or it that the iphones speaker cant take mastered sounds...i notice that i have to turn down my ipod when listening to music through the iphones speakers because theyre so weak they cant take anything semi loud. What a great device, but geez, the iphone lacks many features I would expect the phone to come with (louder output volume, cut and friggin paste, gps...) anyway, let me know guys, and ill get on it.
    Nah the pancake voices were not overbearing it's just the Mamacita ones sound more natural to me. In my office where it is quiet I can hear them perfectly however when outside or wherever there is slight noise you cannot hear them at all. (Obviously nothing you can do about it cuz I believe this to be the result of that sound bug that's in the iphone's speaker itself)

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinpapoii View Post
    I have a question... I am using AppTap on my iPhone with the "Customize" application to change system sounds. However, how can i use the ones posted on these forums without using the "Customize" application. I would like to add my own as well. There is a small selection of audio files available using the Installer on the iPhone.

If I use iBrickr, do I need to follow all the steps from Step 1 since I am already using AppTap?
    Nope just install iBrickr and you're good to go!

how do u add them with out ibricker....i like putting things in the old way

I am also curious how to put them on the phone without using iBrickr. I have iPhonebrowser so I can see the complete iPhone directory, but not sure what folder they would need placed in?

Yeah i can also use only ssh /wlan
    please tell us the folder =)

Sounds Great im using the mamacita sounds i raised the volume a bit in audacity just added bout 20 gain and sounds good and still able to heareven when theres some noise

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kpace1 View Post
    Sounds Great im using the mamacita sounds i raised the volume a bit in audacity just added bout 20 gain and sounds good and still able to heareven when theres some noise
    kpace1 can you please do me a favor and post a .zip file of your sounds that have been made louder? I can hear my keyboard sounds loud and clear but when I dial these sound files are really really low when any noise is present.

Thank you...

Thanks

Nevermind good to learn something new everyday. =)
    20 gain was perfect 21 starts the irritation level. hehe

However now they don't sound as clear as the lower sounding ones. I'll have to experiment w/ audacity (never tried this until right now) "Thank you" for the info...
    Last edited by Doreen; 2007-10-05 at 03:04 AM.

you guys are prolly destroying the audio by making it louder...well of course you are judging from Doreen's comment... I obviously dont know for sure (im not there listening)...but ive already mastered each sound pretty hot (as ive explained time and time again, in order to compensate for the iphones weak output volume)...what kind of limiters/expanders are you guys using in audacity? any name brand plugins? or audacity's stock processors? if you would like to experiment with the levels yourself, ill post up unprocessed, unmastered sounds, then you will have muuuuuch more headroom to work with...just a suggestion... youre welcome!

Thanks

I can only speak for myself and I'm clueless about this stuff, all I did was grab Audacity's latest Beta and increase the gain by +20 like the other person in this thread said he did. That's all I did (5 min job) and it was enough so that I can hear the sound files when outside or around any bit of noise otherwise you cannot hear them at all.

It's enough to hold me over until hopefully you can increase the sound w/o distroying the quality like I did. hehe

I'll keep checking your site for any updates "Thanks again"

...just downloaded your louder versions...havent listened yet (its loud in here, so id rather wait until i get home to my studio to properly hear them) but from an initial look...the sounds are 128k. Which equals pure poo-poo. Anything below 192kbps introduces artifacts that the ear can easily detect. You mentioned that the louder versions do not sound as clear...this might be the issue...

I'd love to alter the sounds to everyones liking...but would rather not waste the time if my sounds are just going to get butchered then shared and still have my moniker on it... you know? Not saying Id rather have folks steal my stuff, but you know what i mean...please dont take it the wrong way. i don't want to be stanky about it at all ...i make sounds for you guys (i don't even have these dialpad sounds on my phone yet). id rather not confuse the rest of the world by having multiple versions of the same sounds with varying quality floating around...they'll show up in the installer app in the next day or two...so theres not much to worry about on my end...

bottom line, ill make em louder. sooooooper loud. no worries. gimme a bit...

*EDIT*
    Wow, I just listened to the new louder versions. These are so bad it hurts. completely distorted....these sound better than my (IMO) properly mastered/eq'ed versions? Yikes... its kinda not worth doing free work, to only have it massacred later...I dunno if youre able to retract the new/distorted Mamacita sounds link, but good god, please take that link down. I dont mean to be a chode, but damn its not making me want to continue to share sounds at all!

Thanks

*EDIT*
    Wow, I just listened to the new louder versions. These are so bad it hurts. completely distorted....these sound better than my (IMO) properly mastered/eq'ed versions? Yikes... its kinda not worth doing free work, to only have it massacred later...I dunno if youre able to retract the new/distorted Mamacita sounds link, but good god, please take that link down. I dont mean to be a chode, but damn its not making me want to continue to share sounds at all!
    I don't think you're reading what I said up there I said I'm clueless at this, it was my first time using a Beta d/l of Audacity and I did literally a 5 min job, I also said my louder version sound unclear but would simply "hold me over" jussss until a pro such as yourself that knows what he is doing makes them louder "if" possible w/o losing quality (like the mess I did)

I will remove my file no prob and hopefully you're not so pissed off at me you will still attempt to make them?

"Thanks again" sorry bout that it's not an issue on my end (I was only tossing the louder version up there for whoever wanted them temporarily until you updated. I never meant to step on your toes) The file is removed.
    Last edited by Doreen; 2007-10-05 at 03:07 AM.

No prob @ all dude! Thanks for taking the louder versions down. I'm going to make them as loud as I can for you without distortion. No worries. I didnt mean to sound so pissy, long day. No harm done bro. Ill get on this ASAP!

ok...never mind with my past post in this topic i got it....its just like the sound FX thingers... [/UISounds]..lol i feel like a noob...its all good

Thanks

No prob @ all dude! Thanks for taking the louder versions down. I'm going to make them as loud as I can for you without distortion. No worries. I didnt mean to sound so pissy, long day. No harm done bro. Ill get on this ASAP!
    (FYI me is not a dude but rather a dudette) and you were entitled to sound alil pissy I guess "I" was not thinking and I'm glad you realized I meant no insult to you.

I'll keep peeking in on you to grab the new ones when and if you have time to post them. Thank you! =)

I agree the mamacita ones are great sounds - but they are a bit low .. so I look forward to the louder ones. Also as these are replacing the dialpads original sounds - does that mean like for automated services where we are asked to press 1, 2 to go to the next menu etc (say when phoning customer support of phone/tv/software company) that the system wont work with these new sounds?

I also noticed that the "Zero" sound in the Mamacita zip is the same one in the Pancake one. Any chance to get the proper Mamacita one?

Thanks keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Dimsum; 2007-10-06 at 08:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast