Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where is UISounds on iOS4?

Thanks

Question Where is UISounds on iOS4?
    The file system seems to be different on iOS4. I'm using iPhoneBrowser and can't find the UISounds folder that was there on 3.x.x

This will probably end up being a stupid question, but I really can't find it
    Last edited by inko9nito; 2010-06-30 at 02:03 AM.

System/Library/Audio

Thanks

I don't have System, or any of the usual directories.

The iPhone 4 directory listing is on the left, and the old one (3.x) on the right.

Try adding the afc2 service in Cydia. That or SSH... I know I've seen the problem you're having (happened to me on 3.1.2 though) but I can't remember 100% what I did to fix it.

With that said, iPhoneBrowser is listing all the folders in iOS4 for me.

Thanks

Thanks, I'll try that! As soon as there is a JB for 4G
    Last edited by inko9nito; 2010-06-30 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inko9nito View Post
    I don't have System, or any of the usual directories.

The iPhone 4 directory listing is on the left, and the old one (3.x) on the right.

wait how do you get into the iPhone 4 directory?

Thanks

What do you mean? How did I get the weird listing that doesn't have the usual directories (e.g. Library, System, etc)? I have no idea. I just plugged it in and that's what I saw. I restored it to see if maybe that would change anything (you never know) but no luck. Still seeing that neutered directory view.
    Last edited by inko9nito; 2010-07-03 at 02:27 AM.

what you are seeing is the stock directory that programs like IPhone Browser or DiskAid can read when the iPhone is not jailbroke. Since you have the iPhone 4 that can not be jailbroke at this time, those are the only folders you can access with out have root access to the system.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kmmxracer For This Useful Post:

inko9nito (2010-07-03)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    what you are seeing is the stock directory that programs like IPhone Browser or DiskAid can read when the iPhone is not jailbroke. Since you have the iPhone 4 that can not be jailbroke at this time, those are the only folders you can access with out have root access to the system.
    Oooh!! I've jailbroken every phone I've had and never even knew what the non-jailbroken directory tree looked like. Thank you!

I was editing and messing with the uisounds folder when I sync'ed by accident before done and erased the entire folder.So I am looking for someone to copy the original uisounds folders for me to use instead of resorting back to restore and start over.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alairauston View Post
    I was editing and messing with the uisounds folder when I sync'ed by accident before done and erased the entire folder.So I am looking for someone to copy the original uisounds folders for me to use instead of resorting back to restore and start over.
    Hope this helps:

ModMyi Forums - Downloads - Stock System Sounds

Default Sms
    Okay, I need help. I'm not exactly tech savvy, but I can navigate if I have good directions. Alright, I understand how to change the sound file to .caf, but how do I get to that ./System/Library/Audio/UISounds folder? Is it through my iPhone or is it on my PC somewhere? Please help! This is driving me insane!