Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Am I crazy? Has anyone else seen Shuffle Custom Ringtones in 1.1.4

Default Am I crazy? Has anyone else seen Shuffle Custom Ringtones in 1.1.4
    Okay now I've got people questioning me if what I saw was real. Anyone else seen "Shuffle Custom Ringtones" in the ringtone selection screen in 1.1.4?

Here's how I got it (Not sure if there is rhyme or reason to it...)

Purchased 1.1.1 iPhone
    Downgraded to 1.0.2 - unlocked
    upgraded to 1.1.1
    upgraded to 1.1.4 and unlocked with ZiPhone

Then I looked in sounds and there was an option at the top of the ringtone list called "Shuffle Custom Ringtones". THEN in an effort to add custom ringtones, I used iPhoneRingtone Maker. After I synced with that program, I lost that option. And it never came back.

I restored my iPhone to 1.1.4 and unlocked with ZiPhone again. Still didn't come back. Has anyone else seen this? If so, where is the data stored? Is there a plist file on the phone? I so hope I can get that back, it would have been a rad feature now that I have ACTUAL custom ringtone that I add through iTunes.
    MacMini Server 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 15" MacBook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo l iPhone 3G S⃣ 32 GB Black l  TV Gen 2

iPhone? More like MyPhone apummell's Avatar
    Thanks

In iphone ringtone maker you need to select
    shuffle ringtones under manage ringtones, it adds the option to your phone under custom ringtones

Oh I know that feature. But the one I am talking about showed up in my phone BEFORE I synced with iPhone Ringtone Converter. I'm pretty sure the wording of the iPhoneRingtone Maker shuffled ringtones is "Shuffle Ringtones", where as the one I had with a clean 1.1.4 was "Shuffle Custom Ringtones". And since it would have been the phone shuffleing the ringtones, it would have used a different ringtone for each phone call... instead of each time I'd sync.
    MacMini Server 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 15" MacBook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo l iPhone 3G S⃣ 32 GB Black l  TV Gen 2

Quote Originally Posted by jvoni View Post
    Okay now I've got people questioning me if what I saw was real. Anyone else seen "Shuffle Custom Ringtones" in the ringtone selection screen in 1.1.4?

Here's how I got it (Not sure if there is rhyme or reason to it...)

Purchased 1.1.1 iPhone
    Downgraded to 1.0.2 - unlocked
    upgraded to 1.1.1
    upgraded to 1.1.4 and unlocked with ZiPhone

Then I looked in sounds and there was an option at the top of the ringtone list called "Shuffle Custom Ringtones". THEN in an effort to add custom ringtones, I used iPhoneRingtone Maker. After I synced with that program, I lost that option. And it never came back.

I restored my iPhone to 1.1.4 and unlocked with ZiPhone again. Still didn't come back. Has anyone else seen this? If so, where is the data stored? Is there a plist file on the phone? I so hope I can get that back, it would have been a rad feature now that I have ACTUAL custom ringtone that I add through iTunes.
    I used iPhoneRingtone Maker too and i found it just install the latest one

It sounds like iphoneringtonemaker is just edditing/adding a plist somewhere in the iphone system... I'd like to know too if anyone has had experience with this...

Yes, i too have the same option in my darling iPhone

Default I want Ringtone Shuffling
    Quote Originally Posted by altruistvihu View Post
    Yes, i too have the same option in my darling iPhone
    seriously? take a picture of it...not saying you're a liar but im very skeptical. joined this forum just to see if you would be kind enough to show me a pic! ...

i just now started putting custom ringtones on my iphone using iphoneringtonemaker and was reading where it was supposed to have a shuffle option (have latest version cant find that option) but only shuffles every time you sync, nah not interested. BUT i stumbled across this and now it seems i want something very bad that i cant have. Didnt even worry about or knew this existed now i want it