Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ok its making me angry wont convert to .caf

Default ok its making me angry wont convert to .caf
    ok i have the GODLIKE!!! sound from unreal tourney and its a mp3, so i did everything in itunes and it turns into a aiff file, than i go to the end of the name backspace the aiff and type caf, and rename it to unlock, so its unlock.caf, it says you sure u wanna do this, or whatever and i click ok, than i put it in the UISounds file that i have in the folder i made i have the WinSCP up i put it in the appropriate file and than it no work...... wtf!!!!!!
    i notice that the icon changes to the one where windows dosent know how to open it, is that the problem, im running on the windows xp OS, so ne1 that knows what im talking about help plox, thx in advance, if u need more eleberation ill b happy to put it out there

EDIT:k i found out its not that it cant find the file kus i set its default to quicktime and now the icon is the quicktime logo so... and i forgot to mention(idk if spelled right...) that i have a 1st gen ipod touch, 3.0 jb i did it yesterday

EDITx2: just realized i failed at typing the topic, should be ipod is not reading the .caf file, my apologies...

EDITx3:k i found out this morning that i cant make custom unlocks kus i have a 1st gen ipod touch and it has no speaker so, i fail and need to get a 2nd gen thx 4 te help tho
    Last edited by epicfailure; 2009-10-08 at 04:24 PM.

Here is the EASIEST way to change any sound on the iPhone which is what I do,

open the MP3 into Audacity trim it to your liking.
    Save it as .AIFF
    Then rename it to .CAF
    Copy to \UISounds ( I use iPhone browser instead in SSH& WINSCP anymore)

Done.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bossvt For This Useful Post:

epicfailure (2009-10-08)

Quote Originally Posted by bossvt View Post
    Here is the EASIEST way to change any sound on the iPhone which is what I do,

open the MP3 into Audacity trim it to your liking.
    Save it as .AIFF
    Then rename it to .CAF
    Copy to UISounds ( I use iPhone browser instead in SSH& WINSCP anymore)

Done.
    u can use itunes to convert to AIFF and then just change file name, with rename option.

Thanks

well the only thing you did get right is your name....