Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide for creating custom Ringtones

Default Guide for creating custom Ringtones
    Greetings.

As a user who has no doubt been assisted by other members, I thought I'd make a contribution to the forum.

Here's how I create my own Ringtones using iTunes and Garageband. *Sorry windows users*

Before you begin, I suggest making sure you are using the most recent versions of both Garageband and iTunes. That being said - here we go!

1. Open iTunes and Garageband and drag the file from iTunes over into Garageband.

2. Crop where you'd like the ringtone to begin/end either by dragging the box itself, or by using 'Apple + T" to trim sections of the song you won't be using and deleting the unwanted parts.

3. Now that you have your newly trimmed ringtone, you'll want to have it repeat itself while ringing. To do this, simply press 'C' for continuous, and adjust the slider appropriately so you have a clean loop.

4. Now you'll want to import the file into iTunes. From the taskbar, select 'Share" Then select "Send ringtone to iTunes".

And that's it. Keep in mind, there is a limit of 40 seconds per ringtone, however if you loop it properly it will sound great.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DranMac For This Useful Post:

dany0 (2009-08-10)

Green Apple
    Thanks