Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to make iPhone ringtones for free (on MAC or PC)

Default How to make iPhone ringtones for free (on MAC or PC)
    I like changing the ringtone on my iPhone often. I don’t want to pay for ringtones, I rather make my own for free. I have tried it a bunch of different ways. The easiest way that I found was to use the ringtone tool at mobilespin.net
    Everything is done online (there is no software to download and install)

Here is how to do it:
    1- Go to mobilespin.net and click on the Ringtone Tool
    2- Upload your MP3 or WAV file
    3- Pick the start and end points of the ringtone you want to and click on “Clip and Convert”
    4- In the download page, select “M4R(for iPhone)” from the “Select format” drop down and click on “Download”
    5- Once the file is downloaded your MAC or PC, import it to iTunes and Sync it to your iPhone and you are done!

Note: If you are uploading an MP3 or WAV file from your iTunes library into the ringtone tool, you have to make sure that it is a non-DRM file.
    Enjoy your free ringtones!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to codyBr For This Useful Post:

mwo2616 (2009-05-02)

cool... thats like 1 step short of the manual way but still cool

I like using audacity to edit my mp3's. After Im done trimming and adding effects, I add it to my iTunes library. With iTunes I right click and convert it to aac. Then I right click the newly converted file and change the extension from .m4a to m4r. Then just sync to iPhone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DL944812627 For This Useful Post:

Kat_Kingdom (2010-08-16)

^^^I use this way to with all my custom sounds and i use switch audio if i have to convert a UI Sound