Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to add REAL FREE ringtones to your iPhone 1.1.4 with iTunes 7.6.1.9

Default Did not work flawlessly
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave914 View Post
    You use garageband like this tutorial says, works flawlessly:

http://lifehacker.com/software/how-t...way-334073.php
    I did everything like the instruction said, although garage band 4.1.2 is out, I opted not to download it for the process. I made the ringtones and sent them to iTunes, but when I loaded them on the phone, the 2nd ringtone on the list dominated all of the other songs.

Now I can't even get the ringtones to come off, or change to anything else.

Just read this tutorial...dont see the need of hex editting the file...works fine without it as well..

On 8GB iPhone running 1.1.4....

well thats easy of course. but it doesnt from what ive seen make it snap to zero like audio editing programs can which makes it very difficult if you want your tones to say for instance... start with a certain verse or sound when that comes in, and then ending just at that perfect moment when the ring should end. I personally like the program because it saves me the hassle, but as far as use only that program??? i think sendsong is still good idea for those who can use a working version(hasnt worked for me on 1.3/4 ever) , for purposes of using them as "wake up alarms for the morning when you really dont want to wake up to some annoying cheese arse sound that apple loaded thinking for some reason people would think they were cool.

get my drift?

soundfourge is gre there that work fine to.. but there are plenty off free ones out
    there and can convert any format needed

cheers

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

I just use itunes to convert a clip to AAC then open the folder in explorer and change the extension from M4A to M4R

The first Time I used this it worked flawlessly......

Now everytime it tells me this ringtone cannot be played on your iphone....
    I have screwed up enough Motorola V series phones
    I guess I will give the ol' iphone a try

6. The Following User Says Thank You to timcki For This Useful Post:

kunglo27 (2008-04-04)

or if you have a mac use garageband. hit share ... then send ringtone to itunes then sync.

Guess what...You DONT need itunes at all.

Im on winxp platform and i tried this with success:

You will only need a sound edditing program (at this example i tried Adobe SoundBooth) that is able to save your song to mp4 format and iPhoneBrowser

First of all make sure that you have UNCHECKED the "Hide extensions for known file types" from windows explorer.If not open any folder go to Tools /Folder Options /View/and uncheck it.
    Click to Apply to All Folders and then click ok.

1 With your favorite sound editing program edit (trim, cut ,change gain ,whatever...) the song that you want to convert to iphone ringtone.

2 Go to File/Save as and choose from the drop down menu H.264 (*.mp4) format for your ringtone.
    Next at the export settings window check only the export audio , click on the audio tab below and make sure that you have the following settings :
    Output Channels : Stereo
    Frequency : 44.1 kHz
    Audio Quality : High
    Bitrate [kbps]: 128

3 So now you have a mp4 file.
    Rename the extention of that file from .mp4 to .m4r

4 Open the iPhoneBrowser and navigate to Library/Ringtones.
    At the right panel you will see all the default iphone ringtones .
    Drag and drop your ringtone (somename.m4r) to the right panel of iPhoneBrowser.
    You are done :the ringtone is already at your iphone.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck
    Last edited by liquid; 2008-03-30 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicMouse View Post
    Or, you could just use iRinger and skip this whole process.
    totally awesome.. thanks..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

go to the website audiko.net and your problems will be solved! garaunteed!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thanks for the iringer info. i love it!

1. Yes newest version of iTunes
    2. Yes I can see the ringtones in the folder in iTunes
    3. Yes, When I sync nothing goes on the phone. When I try to add manually I can add only 1. Any more it just changes all the added songs to copies of the 2nd song I added on.

Firmware Version 1.1.4 (4A102)

Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    Let's start with some basics and see if we can get this working. I can only help with iRinger though as it's all I use for ringtones.

1. Do you have the latest version of iTunes?
    2. When you connect you iPhone can you see the Ringtones folder in iTunes?
    3. Can you select to sync Ringtones in iTunes?

If the answer to [2] above is YES, and you make a ringtone in iRinger, can you then see it under the Ringtones folder?

Additionally, which firmware version are you running?

Spoonito,

I read the solution to this yesterday and can't find the thread again, so forgive me if it sounds vague.

Essentially, from what I recall, 1.1.4 will only sync with iTunes ringtones correctly when you sync manually OR automatically. I can't remeber which!

So, whichever way you're currently doing it, do the opposite, having first removed all of your custom ringtones.

Let me know how it goes.

Spoonito,

I read the solution to this yesterday and can't find the thread again, so forgive me if it sounds vague.

Essentially, from what I recall, 1.1.4 will only sync with iTunes ringtones correctly when you sync manually OR automatically. I can't remeber which!

So, whichever way you're currently doing it, do the opposite, having first removed all of your custom ringtones.

Let me know how it goes.
    Last edited by Rip; 2008-04-06 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spoonito View Post
    1. Yes newest version of iTunes
    2. Yes I can see the ringtones in the folder in iTunes
    3. Yes, When I sync nothing goes on the phone. When I try to add manually I can add only 1. Any more it just changes all the added songs to copies of the 2nd song I added on.

Firmware Version 1.1.4 (4A102)
    Have you checked how long your ringtones are? Because... I used audiko.net to make my ringtones, and made them the maximum length ie 40 seconds and I had the same problems you had... so... I them made my ringtone for 39 secs and everything work fine. Hopefully that should help you out.

Rip, I have tried both ways, and I'm still running into the same issue...

Taniban, All my ring tones are 30 seconds or shorter...

Default FOR Mac Users
    I've done it on 1.1.4 by following this guide but a little tweaks need to be done.

First of all, I've always used FTP or SFTP/SCP(if windows) to transfer the files. I never used iPhoneBrowser or anything that needs to be synced. But should be the same.

Now Step 3&4 on this guide that I linked above, Once you create m4a files, you need to rename .m4a to .m4r instead of creating spoof.m4r.

And then edit HEX (M4A mp42isom.. to M4R mp42isom..) Hex Fiend.

Now, you can upload to /private/var/mobile/media/iTunes_Control/Ringtones/.

Or if you copy this to /Library/Ringtones/ , then ignore Step 5. Your ringtone will be added to the Standard list.

Go to Step 5 - Modifying Ringtones.plist to make Custom section in the list.

Pick up /private/var/mobile/media/iTunes_Control/iTunes/Ringtones.plist. and edit like this. My ringtone files are "DancingToThe.m4r" "Europa.m4r" "Mamacita.m4r" "RibonInTheSky.m4r"...

Sorry, at the end of 2nd line got cut off cuz of the size limit for Attachment.
    It should end up with PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

That's it. You will see a Custom section in ringtone list. The ringtone file size doesn't matter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-1.png   -picture-2.png  
    Last edited by Mandara; 2008-04-17 at 04:01 AM. Reason: section....
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

beNonentity1.0_/ beNonentity2.0_/ beNonentity3.1_/ beNonentity4.0_/
    DockTemplate_/ Dimming Dock_/ beNonentity4.1_Dock_/
    **Files above were made in Aug'07. No longer update.
    Clear Dock_/ Ocean_/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12