Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ringtone sync?

Default Ringtone sync?
    alright, after going through thread after thread, I can't seem to locate my problem, so if it's already been solved then please forgive me & point me in the right direction...

I have created several ringtones using iTunes, & done the file extension trick (m4a to m4r) to get iTunes to recognize it as a ringtone...it shows up in itunes as a ringtone, but will not sync with my iphone when I press sync. If I drag & drop them manually, it just puts multiple copies of one of the ringtones into the iphone (example: under settings/sounds/ringtone it'll display song1 three times), though when viewed through itunes it says it's all the different songs.

Using jailbroken 1.1.4
    itunes 7.6.1.9
    Windows Vista Basic

Help please?

umm when the iphone is plugged into iTunes click on the phone to were you see your # and Firmware etc and go to your ringtone tab.. click scyn checked ringtones or something like that.. and check the ones you want and click apply then it should scyn for you..
    iPhone 8gb- OTB 1.1.3 fully unlocked and everything working great plus mods

Tried that...my iphone just flashes "syncing in progress" for about a second, but doesn't sync anything.

take itunes off of manually manage music. I know its a PITA to have to check the music that you want to keep on your phone and uncheck what you dont. (if you know a better way let me know). that is what i read to do and tried it and it worked for me. Synced all of my ringtones correctly instead of having 8 song1 s