Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: double copies of same ringtone when syncing

Default double copies of same ringtone when syncing
    why is it that when i sync the ringtones i made to the iphone, i get 2 copies of one tone? but in itunes i have 4 different tones and they all play.i tried erasing them and re-syncing or restarting the iphone but it's still the same. what am i doing wrong?

i have this same problem.

from what i understand it is due to the fact that i, and i assume you have set itunes to manually manage music or the option that is words to that effect.

i have mine set like this so i could drag and drop and not have to use the syncing tabs for selecting certain files.

thing is i am between a rock and a hard place, as if i simply choose to sync automatically, you know, like the old version of itunes it then asks me if i want to confirm, and if i was to choose that it says it will erase all my songs and photos!

which wouldnt normally be a problem, but some videos i have on there i havent got the originals of.

so i suggest you uncheck the option of manually managing your files, this should then allow you to sync ringtones without dupes.

HTH
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along