Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please help...!

Default please help...!
    so, im trying to add new alerts for my sms messages, and im tring to follow the guides that are going around.
    ive managed to open up my iphone 3g with ssh, but cant find the file 'UISounds' anywhere. im using os 2.2
    can anyone help?!
    when i follow the guides i get this...
    root/library/audio/ then all i can see is /Plug-ins
    nothing about UISounds.

simply make it a winterboard theme

if you have the files as .caf already and named them accordingly (sms-recieved#.caf) then you can CREATE a folder called customSMS and inside that folder create another one called UISounds. THEN inside of that put your ringtone that you created.

now take the customSMS folder and ssh that into library\themes and then open up winterboard and apply it

if you have any questons please ask
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

hey lawless herez an appropriate answer for ya >>

im asuming that u have ur custom sms tones ready with u as sms-recieved*.caf .. Well i can help u wit my custom sms tones ... >>> ok here it goes >>>

Ssh ur iPhone thru winSCP go to /<root> in that page go to System > Library > Audio > UISounds ... ok here u will find all .cafs
    if u want make a back up of factory sms tones ... Now u will have to just drag n drop into dis folder >>> it will ask for replacing file >> say yes .. u r almost done , den reboot ur iPhone .. dats it .. Hope i have helped u on this ...now al u need to do is hit the thankz button >>> lol ..

if you have SBSettings you can just respring as apposed to rebooting takes less time