Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Query: new to 2.x - have ringtones changed?

Default Query: new to 2.x - have ringtones changed?
    Hello alll

had my gen1 iPhone for a year and had no troubles at all under 1.1.4 managing/creating/ul same using iPhoneBrowser....am a win guy so dont use iTunes.

but, now I've upgraded to 2.02, and am now using iTunes and have a problem. Ringtones that I made in the past year all end with .m4a - but they do NOT even show up when I try to use iTunes to manage same...it appears now that they're to be .m4r extensions? is there a tool to convert tween these two formats?

also, in iTunes, why when my Library shows like 50+ ringtones, when I SYNC, do not a single one of the music ones that I own, move over to the iPhone? licencing issues? or what?

lastly, in exactly what path do I now place them using iPhoneBrowser -as I do not and can not find them anywhere in the file hierarchy...

prob been asked before sorry, but a search here revealed little when it comes to paths...

Jim

lads...does no one know the path to the Ringtones under 2.02?

cant' find it still

???

Jim

lads...does no one know the path to the Ringtones under 2.02?

cant' find it still

???

Jim
    Last edited by JVRudnick; 2008-09-16 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JVRudnick View Post
    it appears now that they're to be .m4r extensions? is there a tool to convert tween these two formats?
    Just click to rename the file and change the "a" to an "r" windows will give you a warning "Are you sure you want to change bla bla bla"
    Click yes and your done....

thanks, that worked fine.

question tho, exactly WHERE in the folder in the iPhone file hierarchy that I can simply upload my ringtones to - using iPhoneBrowser?

ie what's the path please? anyone?

Jim