Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0.2 winSCP and SSH help for ringtones!

Default 2.0.2 winSCP and SSH help for ringtones!
    I'm using my jail broken iphone that i just got a few days ago .. unlocked and being used on tmobile.

I'm connected via openSSH and winSCP on my windows xp laptop .. i have a ton of ringtones that i've made in the past for use on my blackberry. I've seen people say that i need to put the ringtones (mp3 or m4r format) in var/root/ringtones directory. I didn't have a "Ringtones" directory so i created one. Placed all the ringtones in there (am i supposed to create specific folders for them?)

lastly, how do i get it over to my iphone? Once i drag and drop in winscp does it automatically get placed onto my iphone or is there a "sync" button that i'm missing out on?

Thanks everyone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

No syncing involved and as long as you've created and placed the files in the correct directory they should just show up! When you utilize SSH the files you are viewing are the files currently on the phone. So when you modify them they are modified instantly.

Ive always just loaded my ringtones into iTunes and synced from there. I know how to use SSH and Winscp and use it everyday for loads of files, but the iTunes sync is just easier and always converts them into the right format.

i tried doing the itunes trick but i have itunes 8 and it's not allowing me to load up mp3's that weren't purchased from the itunes store.