Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ringtones wont play on iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ringtones wont play on iphone
    ok i have an unlocked 1.1.1 iphone and the ringtones upload to the iphone, play on itunes , but not on the phone. when i set it to play all it does is be silent, and when it rings it just vibrates can i get some help
    Last edited by Dmoney10; 2008-02-22 at 07:39 AM.

man 1.1.1 is a pain in the butt to get custome ringtones to work... just search and you can see how to get it down..
    iPhone 8gb- OTB 1.1.3 fully unlocked and everything working great plus mods

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If I remember correctly you can just ssh them onto your phone in 1.1.1

I think the folder is root/library/ringtones

just drop them into this folder and all should be set. Make sure they are in m4r format.
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

Quote Originally Posted by kcisjojo View Post
    If I remember correctly you can just ssh them onto your phone in 1.1.1

I think the folder is root/library/ringtones

just drop them into this folder and all should be set. Make sure they are in m4r format.
    ya I think he is right but make sure you put a space between the name of the song and the .m4r example- Intheend .m4r not Intheend.m4r
    iPhone 8gb- OTB 1.1.3 fully unlocked and everything working great plus mods

the only method i have been able to get it working in 1.1.1 is through sendsong, ive tried the itunes trick to no avail, ive tried SSH into the phone and manually putting the m4r ringtones into the /library/ringtone folder to no avail.. BUT this works well on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4

i couldnt get sendsong to install properly through installer so i googled 'sendsong for 1.1.1' and then i manually put that into my iphone via WinSCP, i did have to tick the "Set group, owner and permissions recursively box, then it worked fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Arrow What about 1.1.4?
    Would this also work for 1.1.4? My iPhone is a 16G, unlocked, jail-broken. Using iTunes for Mac 7.6.1 (9) Have tried the various suggestions for converting to ACC, opening in Finder/Get Info, changing the extension blah blah blah.

Its there in the Ringtones tab, it's on my iPhone list in iTunes, but damned if I can find it on the phone itself....

Advice cheerfully welcomed!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Make sure all your "ringtones" are 30 seconds or less long.. Otherwise it won't sync up with the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoney10 View Post
    ok i have an unlocked 1.1.1 iphone and the ringtones upload to the iphone, play on itunes , but not on the phone. when i set it to play all it does is be silent, and when it rings it just vibrates can i get some help
    well, what I did was to upgrade the phone to 1.1.3 version, and then installed cydia(apptapp.saurik.com) thru. installer( go to source-edit-add and add the above source address), Cydia icon will appear in your iphone after you restart your phone. go to Cydia, run Install and you will find "sendsong", install0 "sendsong" nd here you go. I am not sure if this works for all, but I have did that to 3 original 1.1.3 Iphones and 2 1.1.2 up-graded Iphones and it works.

By the way, I encounter problem with 1.1.4 version, any one there can help me? how about those "unlimited downloads for Iphone" paid site? are they eally good?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoney10 View Post
    well, what I did was to upgrade the phone to 1.1.3 version, and then installed cydia(apptapp.saurik.com) thru. installer( go to source-edit-add and add the above source address), Cydia icon will appear in your iphone after you restart your phone. go to Cydia, run Install and you will find "sendsong", install0 "sendsong" nd here you go. I am not sure if this works for all, but I have did that to 3 original 1.1.3 Iphones and 2 1.1.2 up-graded Iphones and it works.

By the way, I encounter problem with 1.1.4 version, any one there can help me? how about those "unlimited downloads for Iphone" paid site? are they eally good?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-03-23 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Acadian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone_Killa View Post
    ya I think he is right but make sure you put a space between the name of the song and the .m4r example- Intheend .m4r not Intheend.m4r
    I wonder if this is true for the 3G 2.0.2 versions? I dragged my m4r's over to the proper folder and while the phone displays the name of the ringer in Settings/Sounds in the Ringtone list it will not play the file but might try what you suggested about leaving a space between the filename and the .extension.

Pulling my hair out on this one because I know it's something simple that I missed or can't quite figure out. I am soooooo tired of Miramba and Strum that I might hook my Razr2 back up...*lol*
    Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

What is the CBR of the ringtones in question?

Post one and see if anyone else has a ptoblem with it...