Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: little help on custom text sounds

Default little help on custom text sounds
    hello all! I just need some help, I want to make custom text sounds with songs but I'm confused on how its done. I see threads and solutions on how its done using a mac but that doesnt help me lol I've made a ringtone through iTunes and had to pay $3 just to do it. Any information would be great!

Crystal

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

First off OMG! you paid 3 bucks for a ring tone?!?!?!?!?!?!? Please next time if you don't have the song and want it as a ring tone JUST ASK in the ring tone request thread If you already have it (as an uprotected song) read the tutorials on how to make ring tones...

Try ToneFX, you can get it Cydia, it's simple to use and even has it's own importer to put on your PC to load the files into the app and create them too. The ONLY draw back is it costs a donation $5.00 min. thru paypal. But they do offer a trail period so you can get it and see if you like it.. Heres their site ToneFXs

Otherwise you need to make a under 12 sec. sound file save/convert it to a .caf name it the same as the one you want to replace. To do this you need to SSH your phone open the file: Root (the main root file)/System/Library/Audio/UISounds
    Now by text do you mean the text message sounds ?
    Those would be the
    sms-received6.caf
    sms-received1.caf
    sms-received2.caf
    sms-received3.caf
    sms-received4.caf
    sms-received5.caf
    Files you need to replace
    If you are talking about the the typing sounds it's the
    Tock.caf
    file you need to replace

I would suggest to just get the ToneFXs app and get their program for your PC to load the tones. It is much easier (and cheaper) and you can change the tones at any time.

If you do SSH ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THE FILES YOU REPLACE!!!
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 2008-09-01 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks
    hi

sounds a long way round to me
    there is a guide on youtube (and on this website with the vid ) on make ringtones with itunes in less than 60 secs
    I too have a PC and used this method and sorted it. also i use audacity to cut and amplify the 30 seconds of a song to use for ringtone. save as mp3 then put in itunes and convert to acc file. drag the acc file from itunes to desktop and rename to .M4r file
    remove the song from itunes and add in the m4r file and it will put it in ringtones !
    sorted !
    Newbie to IPhone
    so any help will have to be EASY for me

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    hi

sounds a long way round to me
    there is a guide on youtube (and on this website with the vid ) on make ringtones with itunes in less than 60 secs
    I too have a PC and used this method and sorted it. also i use audacity to cut and amplify the 30 seconds of a song to use for ringtone. save as mp3 then put in itunes and convert to acc file. drag the acc file from itunes to desktop and rename to .M4r file
    remove the song from itunes and add in the m4r file and it will put it in ringtones !
    sorted !
    Problem is... its a TEXT sound so m4r won't work unless you have a app on your phone to use a ring tone for a text sound or it is a .caf file on your phone..