Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How to] Custom SMS tones in 2.0.x

i sent you a pm,.thanks

when will you be posting it?

thanks
    Last edited by reggiebush4mvp; 2008-12-11 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

in a little while. i get off work right now and will upload when im home. hope you saved the page to your favorites.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

as promised here are the backups for the most commonly changed sounds. this is from an iphone 2g but it really doesnt matter. this is for all of those who did NOT backup stuff. please remember to do so
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cricketlang For This Useful Post:

reggiebush4mvp (2008-12-11)

Thanks alot man. I REALLY appreciate it.

by any chance could you give me the icon for "slide to unlock"?? The little grey rectangle with an arrow. Thanks
    Last edited by reggiebush4mvp; 2008-12-11 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

that will be for another thread...not here. this is for UI sounds and custom sms tones

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    There is a downside to this method. You have to modify the actual files in your root folder. There is an easier way of doing this, kind of.

You do have to do the conversion to Aiff format then rename your file to .caf, so continue with that method from the original post.

After you have created the .caf file, SSH into your iPhone and go to this directory from the root of the iPhone

/private/var/stash/Themes.****** (not sure if the six characters after the period are the same on every phone).

Inside the Themes folder, create a new folder and name it whatever you want. I called mine SMS Sounds.

Put your new SMS alert sound in there. They do need to be named sms-received1.caf sms-received2.caf sms-received3.caf, etc. After that, just choose the tone you wish to choose. TriTone being sms-received1 Chime being sms-received2, etc. That way, you can turn on that theme in Winterboard and not have to worry about backing up files, and if you ever want the original iPhone tones back for SMS, you can just turn off the theme.
    Hi! i found the method you suggested as simpler to implement so i tried it out.. and did as instructed but the sms tones are still the default. how do i know it worked? after i set the theme in winterboard, where do i go next? help please!

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    There is a downside to this method. You have to modify the actual files in your root folder. There is an easier way of doing this, kind of.

You do have to do the conversion to Aiff format then rename your file to .caf, so continue with that method from the original post.

After you have created the .caf file, SSH into your iPhone and go to this directory from the root of the iPhone

/private/var/stash/Themes.****** (not sure if the six characters after the period are the same on every phone).

Inside the Themes folder, create a new folder and name it whatever you want. I called mine SMS Sounds.

Put your new SMS alert sound in there. They do need to be named sms-received1.caf sms-received2.caf sms-received3.caf, etc. After that, just choose the tone you wish to choose. TriTone being sms-received1 Chime being sms-received2, etc. That way, you can turn on that theme in Winterboard and not have to worry about backing up files, and if you ever want the original iPhone tones back for SMS, you can just turn off the theme.
    Got it to work.. after you create a folder with the name that you want, create another folder UISounds inside it. This is where you will put the tones that you created. activate using winterboard.
    Last edited by harrietannc; 2008-12-15 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harrietannc For This Useful Post:

Endorphiin (2009-05-16), howlett15 (2008-12-16), Lark2002 (2008-12-17), lean0021 (2008-12-17)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123