Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can someone convert these to caf?

Default can someone convert these to caf?
    it won't me upload the file on here since it's mp3. but can someone please convert these 2 files to .caf and email me it or upload it to megaupload/rapidshare and post the link here?
    iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. - Downloads - SMS/Email/Task Notifications
    i've read all these posts on converting it to aiff and just renaming the file, but that doesn't work for me. in wavepad when i go to aiff, then save as .caf it says it's invalid. and then when it's on my desktop as an aiff, and i try to rename it to caf it just goes to Notification.caf.aiff. and then in cuteFTP i renamed it to caf and redownloaded it on to my desktop, which works and plays right. but for some reason it won't work as my sms for kate in ripdev, when all my 10 other sms sounds do. so i was wondering if anyone could just please convert the 2 files from the link and upload it on here for me. hopefully itll work.

try these.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakecigar For This Useful Post:

dis1krazyazn (2008-08-11), julieb (2010-07-13)

incase those don't work or for future reference there is a free caf converter that I use. Just google free .caf converter and it's one of the first links. Let me know if you can't find it just pm me and I'll get u the link

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RByers For This Useful Post:

dis1krazyazn (2008-08-11)

Quote Originally Posted by jakecigar View Post
    try these.
    thanks a ton they worked! just curious, but what'd u use to convert them? i still dunno why when i did it thru cuteFTP it wouldn't make a noise on my phone when it did on my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by RByers View Post
    incase those don't work or for future reference there is a free caf converter that I use. Just google free .caf converter and it's one of the first links. Let me know if you can't find it just pm me and I'll get u the link
    i'd like to have a converter that works for in the future. i googled .caf converter and was wondering if this was the program u had
    Protected Music Converter - convert DRM protected music (WMA, M4P, etc.)
    Last edited by dis1krazyazn; 2008-08-11 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heres the link, I like the program a lot but you can judge it, its called Switch audio converter and is free. It converts different types but convert the file you want to .aiff and just rename the file to .caf it will work I've used it before to get the euro trip - mail motherf*&ker tone for my sms alert. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...s/Switch.shtml
    Last edited by RByers; 2008-08-12 at 01:14 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RByers For This Useful Post:

dis1krazyazn (2008-08-12)

Quote Originally Posted by RByers View Post
    Heres the link, I like the program a lot but you can judge it, its called Switch audio converter and is free. It converts different types but convert the file you want to .aiff and just rename the file to .caf it will work I've used it before to get the euro trip - mail motherf*&ker tone for my sms alert. Download Switch 1.42 - An audio file format converter software for mp3, wav and 20 other file formats - Softpedia
    thanks a ton i'm downloading it now! it has a good rating on the site too

I used itunes!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

I used itunes!
    really? watd u do specifically? when i tried it didnt work.

in prefs, set import type to aiff. (the hard part... keep looking!!!)
    convert ANYTHING to aiff (the easy part)

rename to .caf (the d'oh part)

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jakecigar For This Useful Post:

dis1krazyazn (2008-08-15)

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow - people actually use my tones? Sweet!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AKA_Ben For This Useful Post:

dis1krazyazn (2008-08-15)

in prefs, set import type to aiff. (the hard part... keep looking!!!)
    convert ANYTHING to aiff (the easy part)

rename to .caf (the d'oh part)
    ahh thanks i gotta do that prefs part!!

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Ben View Post
    Wow - people actually use my tones? Sweet!
    yea thanks for uploading them! i think i use notification 2, cept i'm not sure cuz i just renamed it to happy/bright in kate to use it as my sms tone sometimes lol
    Last edited by dis1krazyazn; 2008-08-15 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi guys,
    I'm really struggling here, been reading ALL day, downloading different programs, and trying different things....
    Basically when I re-name the file to .caf and drag it to what ever location, its renaming its self again to new-mail.caf.wav how do I get rid of the .wav part... Its not just a case of deleting it because its not there!

Jordan

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dis1krazyazn View Post
    ahh thanks i gotta do that prefs part!!

yea thanks for uploading them! i think i use notification 2, cept i'm not sure cuz i just renamed it to happy/bright in kate to use it as my sms tone sometimes lol
    Hehe, no problem! I didn't know they would be so popular. Maybe I'll hear one of them walking around someday - wouldn't that be cool? :P

Maybe I'll go get to work on some new ones....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jordanogrady View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm really struggling here, been reading ALL day, downloading different programs, and trying different things....
    Basically when I re-name the file to .caf and drag it to what ever location, its renaming its self again to new-mail.caf.wav how do I get rid of the .wav part... Its not just a case of deleting it because its not there!

Jordan
    Go back to post #9 above and follow the directions there, step by step. It sounds like your sound file was never converted, but just renamed instead?

In iTunes, you can convert any type file to the AIFF format, including WAV - which, from your statement, is the original file type. When it's saved, it reads (filename).aif.
    Find the newly converted sound file, and change the (filename).aif to (filename).caf. Then SSH it to your phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Where does the recieved mail tone go on the phone?

Much apreciated.

IphoneCrazy

Thanks
    Hi there. I used your .caf for my new-mail sound because I have done every step but after converting to .aiff in Itunes and dragging to desktop then changeing it to new-mail.caf, it still reads as a .aiff file. i have changed folder options, etc..

Not sure what I have done wrong or what. my OS is windows 7. I attached my file if anyone wants to convert to a .caf for me. I would truly appreciate it.

thank you in advance!
    Julie
    Attached Files Attached Files