Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need some ringtone help please!!!

Default need some ringtone help please!!!
    i have 1.1.1 and i cant seems to figure this out.. i converted the file to aac and then it say rename it M4R.. so how do i do this? do i just change the name of the song thanks

This method patches the MeCCA and cheat iphone to play AAC ringtone. You gotta take 2 steps to make it work.

Step 1. Patch the MeCCA

Download the patched MeCCA from:

http://r_a_p_i_d_s_h_a_r_e.com/files/65697943/MeCCA.zip

(remove the underscores from the URL above)

Put it to /System/Library/Frameworks/MeCCA.framework/ folder (replace the old file). Reboot iphone to make it active.

Step 2. Create your ringtones

Use iTunes to convert sound file to AAC (.m4a), then rename the converted file to:

ringtone_name<space>.m4r

Notice: there must be a space before .m4r, so, a ringtone named MyRing.m4a should be renamed to MyRing .m4r.

Upload the renamed ringtone file to /Library/Ringtones, it appears in Settings->Sounds->Ringtones list immediately.
    copied from the instructions from another forum, should be really self explanatory. Make sure you overwrite the MECCA file first and add the space before the extension of the ringtone.

wont work for me. i can add ringtones to the Ringtone library with idemocracy or ibrickr but they wont play when opened on the phone. so i tried the above directios but it also did not work, do i add the mecca.zip file or do i extract it? i tried both and neither worked. help please

Default Easy Step-by-step guide on making iphone ringtones
    Hi everyone! I've made a website for people wanting to know how to make ringtones for the iphone:

http://www.createiphoneringtones.blogspot.com

Please check it out and if you find it useful, click on the google ads so i can get some money!

PS If anyone wants to exchange links to put on each others pages, please let me know.