Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS Ringtone Help...

Default SMS Ringtone Help...
    OK, I have seen numerous problems with this and was wondering if anyone out there can clarify and offer any assistance.

I have Jailbroken my new 3G with Winpwn, so it is unlocked.

I have a 2second sound clip I would like to use as a SMS ringtone. I have converted it from everything from mp3 to aiff to aac and even m4r, and then renamed it sms-received4.caf and put it in my phonedmg folder @ Cphonedmg

I then pull up the cmd prompt and pull up iphoneinterface. One thing it does say is that my Iphone state is Factory Activated, is that a problem?

Than i proceed to cd System/Library/Audio/UISounds/ and then once that is done I putfile sms-received4.caf

Once that is done I have tried power off then on my phone and syncing it and such but to no avail. Everytime I go to play Horn it's just silent. Anyone have any suggestions, or something I could have done wrong?

Hmmmm Sounds like you're doing it right by converting the sound file to .AIFF (.aif, .snd) then renaming it "sms-received4.caf" and you're putting it in the right folder. Did it ask you to replace the other one?

I used WinSCP and put it on that way. Works for my 3G.

Would you mind giving me instructions to how you did it then. Because I also thought I was doing everything right, and obviously I did something b/c the horn ringtone won't work anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you have to change the name of your song to this --> sms-received1 to work
    its sms received1 -sms-received6 tat are ringtones in the sms sounds i just did and my sms ringtones work

I don't think i quite understood what you said. But when I name it sms-received4.cat it should replace the horn ringtone, the # is just which ringtone I would replace. So you using 1 would replace the Tri-tone ringtone.