Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I add new sounds?

Default How do I add new sounds?
    Any help would be appreciated .. I only just got this phone from a seller in the US. I have installer on it if that helps.

Wondering how I add new sounds for
    new messages,
    new voicemail,
    new mail

etc

8GB iphone
    Running version 1.1.4 (4A102) in Australia

Thanks in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

Just use Customize =)

or if using ssh/winscp:

/system/library/audio/uisounds/filename.ext

this method will replace the default tones set on ur phone, be sure to back them up before replacing with new ones, also make sure files names are exactly the same as the ones listed in the iphone directory and that u have the correct extension (.caf)

not to jack thread but ive been trin to put my own effects for texting sounds..im using SSH via fugu and I cant quite figure out what file to start with and how to convert it to the .CAF format..
    do you start out with a .mp3 and just change the file extension?? I tried it and replaced it with the 1st sms effect aka tri tone and its just silent..i replaced the file name word for word but im pretty sure my issue is with converting the file properly..any help is appreciated thanks all..

Quote Originally Posted by ianb View Post
    not to jack thread but ive been trin to put my own effects for texting sounds..im using SSH via fugu and I cant quite figure out what file to start with and how to convert it to the .CAF format..
    do you start out with a .mp3 and just change the file extension?? I tried it and replaced it with the 1st sms effect aka tri tone and its just silent..i replaced the file name word for word but im pretty sure my issue is with converting the file properly..any help is appreciated thanks all..

ur problem is super simple, yes u start with an mp3 or wma, go into itunes and chage the conversion settings, edit>perfs.>advanced tab>importing tab(in advanced)> import using: switch from acc to aiff

save all setting and then add desired song(s) to itunes, right click song and convert to aiff

then in ur music folder (in windows) click itunes folder and find converted song, be careful as both original and converted will be there. change the ext of converted file to .caf and rename file appropriately, transfer to phone and press thanks button, rofl, haha, jk