Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: all ringtone methids failed?

Default all ringtone methids failed?
    ok so i have an 8gb iphone f/w 1.1.4 and i have tried every method i have seen for puttign ringtones on the iphone ie shh itunes ibrickr along with various other methods
    every time it says that the ringtone cannot be played on this iphone whatdo i do now?

Have you tried the iRinger methOd? It's free and works flawlessly. Google it.

Thanks

or the application Ringtones from i.danstaface.net

you can use it on your phone, wherever, wheneer, to turn songs / cut & crop songs to ringtones / sms tones.

no need to use your computer.... and syncing DOES NOT delete them.

thanks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

Necitony (2008-05-14)

what i do is after conversion to the iphone ringtone format.
    I put a space between ( all in all .mr4 )..
    I use this method.
    Have no problem with it.
    16gb iphone w/1.1.4....
    hope that will help

The very long winded but it works method I used after scouring this forum is:-

Get the song I want as a ringtone as a mp3 (I import cd's using Windows Media Player as mp3 format, if I only have them on iTunes I burn a cd of them then re-import with Media Player.

Go to web site:-

http://audiko.net/

Upload the MP3, it then crops it to 30secs with fade in and out, save this to your desktop.

Import the cropped mpr to iTunes and then convert to AAC format (right click it in iTunes and select convert to AAC.

Find the file you converted in iTunes (search the music dir for .m4a) and rename .m4r and move to desktop so it is easy to find.

Transfer to your iphone by SSH or total commander, you need to find /var/Ringtones/ and put it in there

Once done you can select your song as the ringtone or alarm tone, works great but long winded as I said and requires the basic knowledge of using SSH or other file transfer program to put it on the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post

Get the song I want as a ringtone as a mp3 (I import cd's using Windows Media Player as mp3 format, if I only have them on iTunes I burn a cd of them then re-import with Media Player.

Audiko

Upload the MP3, it then crops it to 30secs with fade in and out, save this to your desktop.

Import the cropped mpr to iTunes and then convert to AAC format (right click it in iTunes and select convert to AAC.

Find the file you converted in iTunes (search the music dir for .m4a) and rename .m4r and move to desktop so it is easy to find.

Transfer to your iphone by SSH or total commander, you need to find /var/Ringtones/ and put it in there

Once done you can select your song as the ringtone or alarm tone, works great but long winded as I said and requires the basic knowledge of using SSH or other file transfer program to put it on the iPhone.
    That's great and all, but why even write it when there were 2 far easier methods just posted?

iPhone? More like MyPhone cjvdh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post

Audiko

Yes this method works great.