Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Ringtones+FW 1.1.2+iTunes 7.5=SIMPLE, FREE and AWESOME!

not working for me, i edit a file, import convert to aac, show in windows explorer, rename to .m4r import again, nothing happens.

lets say the name of the file is "christmas" all i do is right click rename and put .m4r at the end right???? if thats right then i am doing everything right and its not working

i have itunes 7.5 and FW 1.1.2

great tip, thanks very much for the info. worked perfectly...

This guide seems easy enough. But i'm not sure how to change the file type on vista? Anyone know how to do that? And sometimes when i load a song onto audacity it doesn't load the whole song, only like .030 secs or something small. I did the whole 30sec on a song i could get to load up. loaded onto itunes. converted. But cannot change the file type over on vista. Not sure how that works if anyone can help.

Quote Originally Posted by brijesh33 View Post
    Can anybody confirm if you take any itunes file/files from 1.1.2 phone and transfer it over to 1.1.1 phone to get the custom ringtones to work without having to upgrade just for that feature...thanks in advance !
    It doesn't work as firmaware 1.1.1 requires the ringtones metadata. That means you'll have to create an unique id tag and edit your ringtones.plist. You're better off upgrading to 1.1.2. I have upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and finally to 1.1.2 without problems. If I was able to do it, you can too.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
    same here. Anyone know what apps still work on 1.1.2? summerboard? mobilestack? etc...
    Summerboard works fine in 1.1.2. I even like the new side scrolling rather than the vertical. I don't know about mobilestack. I don't think I use that app.
    Last edited by PunkyPurple; 2007-12-12 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok, I'll fix the problem that everybody else has. This process works always. I've checked and double checked. If your ringtones are showing up the ringtone section but not playing on your phone (like mine were) it's because you used something other than iTunes to convert your music to AAC. Here's the process I used and it has worked everytime:

1.) Edit your file in MP3 format to <30 secs
    2.) Open in iTunes
    3.) Right click, "Convert to AAC" ***Note
    4.) Find file, rename from m4a to m4r.
    5.) Double click file to import to iTunes
    6.) Sync iPhone
    7.) Listen to cool music <-- Required

***Note
    You must have your Importing option set to AAC for this method to work.
    Change it by clicking on Edit/Preference.
    Open Advanced tab
    Click Importing
    "Import Using: AAC"

You're welcome! Have a great day!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b-ballstyle View Post
    can I use this with itunes 7.5 and iphone 1.1.1 ?!?
    have you mod you mecca files?

Im on a Mac I have discovered that by using Itunes 7.4 from http://mac.oldapps.com/itunes.php with
    http://www.rogueamoeba.com/utm/posts...07-09-11-09-00 But i can e-mail the older version of this it 1.2 you can install ringtones greater than 40 sec. Itunes 7.5 only allows 40 sec or less. you can use the new one 1.3 to work with itunes 7.5 but your limited to 40 sec for itunes so show. best of all it freeware.
    Last edited by atm_10142k; 2007-12-13 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Only question i have is does anyone know how to change file names on vista? I cannot change it from .m4p to .m4r and not really sure how to do it on vista.

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Only question i have is does anyone know how to change file names on vista? I cannot change it from .m4p to .m4r and not really sure how to do it on vista.
    Ok, here we go. Open the window that contains your files. Press the alt key if you do have the file menu active and this will bring it up. Click on the tools tab and select folder options. Click on the view tab and search for the check box that says "hide extensions for known file types". Uncheck the box and apply the changes. Now go back to your file window and you should see the file name with its extension. Right click on it, and rename the .m4a part of the file to .m4r. Wen you hit the enter, there will probably be a box that pops up and asks if you are sure you want to change the extension because the file may become unusable. Click yes and continue. You have just renamed your file extension. Hope this helped you.
    Last edited by p993c4s; 2007-12-13 at 04:30 AM. Reason: left out a word

Quote Originally Posted by p993c4s View Post
    Ok, here we go. Open the window that contains your files. Press the alt key if you do have the file menu active and this will bring it up. Click on the tools tab and select folder options. Click on the view tab and search for the check box that says "hide extensions for known file types". Uncheck the box and apply the changes. Now go back to your file window and you should see the file name with its extension. Right click on it, and rename the .m4a part of the file to .m4r. Wen you hit the enter, there will probably be a box that pops up and asks if you are sure you want to change the extension because the file may become unusable. Click yes and continue. You have just renamed your file extension. Hope this helped you.
    i tried this but no luck i have had some that worked and some that have not. any help ?

Quote Originally Posted by p993c4s View Post
    While this helped me change the file over to .m4r and i was able to load it onto itunes and it came up in ringtones. Whenever i went to sync it with my phone it said there was an error becuase itunes could not find the file? Not sure whats happening? Or if anyone else has had this problem as well?

I have iTunes 7.5 and 1.1.2.
    I have done everything right, the ringtones show up the ITUNES "Ringtones" section and they play on Itunes. After i sync them they show up on my phone under "custom" section.

However when I select them, nothing happens. I hear no music, the phone does not ring just vibrates.

Anyone else have this problem?

Nevermind, I figured it out.
    For all of you who had this problem, here's the best way to fix it.

Don't patch your mecca file via iDemocracy, Some reason the patch din't work. I backed up my Mecca file and then downloaded a prepatched file (you can find it on google, just search for 1.1.2 mecca file) after i replaced the file I placed the m4r's in root/library/ringtones. Make sure the file ends in .m4r and NOTHING ELSE. otherwise it will not work.

Anyone have any help feel free to message me.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by singhkenny; 2007-12-14 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does your iPhone have to be unlocked or have any mods for this to work?

I followed all the directions but whenever I import the file .m4r to iTunes it shows up on my Library but not on the Ringtones section.
    Did I miss a step here?

Default no sound
    Quote Originally Posted by pcguysam View Post
    Apple is not all bad it seems. Maybe they do listen to us SOMETIMES.

Custom Ringtones with the new iTunes and 1.1.2 Firmware is easy. No software required. No Jailbreak required. No transferring Ringtones to the phone manually.

1. Make your ringtone from any song with Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ OR your favorite audio editing software.

2. Open it in iTunes, right click on it and click "Convert Selection to AAC". Then, right click the new file that appears and Click "Show in Windows Explorer" I am not sure what this is on a Mac.

3. Rename the file from .m4a to .m4r

4. In iTunes, click File/Add File to Library and choose the .m4r file.

5. It will now show up under "Ringtones" in iTunes.

6. Make sure that your phone is set up to sync Ringtones on the Ringtones Tab of the phone settings.

Sync your phone

Now, go look at your ringtones list. Your Custom ringtones will show up in a list called "Custom" above the Standard ringtone list.

For once, Thank you Apple!

(Originally posted by sidetalker in the Jailbreaking forum, but I thought that this deserved it's own thread. Sidetalker gave credit to jar0167, who's post I did not see. Thanks to the both of them!)
    I am using iTuens 7.5 and firmware 1.1.1
    This works for me, but when I tried to select the ringtone to play in iPhone, it doesn't sound at all! no sound from the ringtone!??
    Pls advise, thank you.

Found solution from above, patch the MeCCA file and it sounds fine. THANKS!
    Last edited by fredykhor; 2007-12-15 at 09:00 AM. Reason: found solution

i changed the filename but when it syncs it shows up error filetype not supported

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Does your iPhone have to be unlocked or have any mods for this to work?
    No it does not.

Cheers!
    BeerMan

FINALLY!!! I finally got it to work lol. Now time to find out if i should jailbreak it ad erase all my contacts and start over!

i cant get this to work ive tried everything and it still wont go to my ringtones folder. i conver and wen i rename it it goes right back into my library and not my ringtones folder can someone help me please

this doesn't seem to be working for me. I have iTunes 7.5.0.20 and firmware 1.1.2

tried renaming the file from .m4a to .m4r without using Audacity. The songs shows up under "ringtones" on itunes but doesn't sync with my iphone. Guess who have to use Audacity.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast