Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customized ringtone with 1.1.1 easier way?

Default Customized ringtone with 1.1.1 easier way?
    Can someone tell me what is an easy way to add ringtones back to my iphone? I upgraded to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2 and lost all my ringtones... ibrickr didn't work.

yes there is an easier way. If u have songs on ya iphone already all u need to do is download sendsong from the installer and this allows u to set any song on ya iphone to a ringtone. Once u have finished setting as ringtone simply restart the phone by turning it off and then back on. Hope dis helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fabo82 For This Useful Post:

saru96 (2007-11-15)

i can't access wifi from my house, will sendsong still work?

U then need to go somewhere where u have wifi and download sendsong and once you have it u should not have any problems

i downloaded sendsong in my house (not via wifi but edge), program is there, and it did send the songs to my ringtone, when i add to contact it plays it there fine, but it never rings on the selected ones, just default on Marimba, wtf?? can someone help?

Yes I had the same problem too. But I forget where I read it in the forum on how to fix it.

Here's what I did:

-Make your ringtone with Audacity. (Google it and download it, it's free!)
    -Put it in your iTunes library
    -Right Click on the song and select "Convert Selection to AAC"
    -It will make a new copy of that format and now right click on the new file and select "Show in Windows Exlporer". (Delete the old copy to clear up any confusion)
    -Rename the song extension with .m4r (ex. Kiss Kiss.m4r)
    -Delete the old file (to clear up any confusion) in iTunes and drag the new one (in the windows explorer folder), Kiss Kiss.m4r into iTunes
    -Sync your iPhone
    -Use sendsong to "send to ringtones"

This has worked for me. I made "duffle bag boy" ringtone and when I tried to transfer it it always froze but after doing this method all the songs I made now work with assigning to certain contacts!

PS. Making a ringtone playlist in iTunes helps the organization of everything.
    Last edited by hoyitsjames; 2007-11-15 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

wow send it song is really easy thanks for the heads up

if you want to customize your ringtones - i would suggest itoner (super easy)_download free trial_allows two different ringtones, If you want to crop a specific verse to play as ringtone!! Of course you would need a different program to crop your songs- Personally, I use Quicktime to edit~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RacerX910 For This Useful Post:

petersamwel (2007-11-15)

good resource but I think many people can back me up by saying Audacity is the best to crop certain verses or even join. It can be used for Macs or Windows.

do you have to keep the song in your ipod in order to keep it as a ringtone? or can you erase it after you have made it a ringtone?

Quote Originally Posted by saru96 View Post
    do you have to keep the song in your ipod in order to keep it as a ringtone? or can you erase it after you have made it a ringtone?
    NO-you can erase, but what application are you using to install ringtones? SendSong?

yeah send song

is there a limit to the amount of ringtones you can have in your phone?
    Last edited by saru96; 2007-11-15 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by fayewolf View Post
    i downloaded sendsong in my house (not via wifi but edge), program is there, and it did send the songs to my ringtone, when i add to contact it plays it there fine, but it never rings on the selected ones, just default on Marimba, wtf?? can someone help?
    Does anyone know the fix for the above? I have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    Does anyone know the fix for the above? I have the same problem.
    I wrote it out above but I found the thread that lists each specific step.

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16029

I found a little program that works like iToner but works on Windows. Not all of us have a Mac unfortunately and this little program works awesome for adding and managing ringtones on your 1.1.2, 1.1.1, 1.0.2 or even 1.0.1 iPhone however it only really became a problem when 1.1.1 came along because iTunes blows away your "non-purchased" ringtones every time you sync.

The program can be found here:

http://www.efksoft.com/

It is a pay program but it's only $15 and I have donated more than that to other worthy software and jailbreaking softwares. It also allows for ringtones to remain on your iPhone even after an iTunes sync. You can download a fully functional trial as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ookpic View Post
    I found a little program that works like iToner but works on Windows. Not all of us have a Mac unfortunately and this little program works awesome for adding and managing ringtones on your 1.1.2, 1.1.1, 1.0.2 or even 1.0.1 iPhone however it only really became a problem when 1.1.1 came along because iTunes blows away your "non-purchased" ringtones every time you sync.

The program can be found here:

http://www.efksoft.com/

It is a pay program but it's only $15 and I have donated more than that to other worthy software and jailbreaking softwares. It also allows for ringtones to remain on your iPhone even after an iTunes sync. You can download a fully functional trial as well.
    I hate to reiterate this but Audacity is FREE and can be used on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux!

Quote Originally Posted by hoyitsjames View Post
    I hate to reiterate this but Audacity is FREE and can be used on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux!
    Sorry, maybe you miss-understood me. I do realize that Audacity is FREE and I currently use it along with other audio softwares and you are correct it is a great app. However, to my knowledge, it DOESN'T connect to iPhone. It is an audio/conversion software.

I was simply stating that the other software that I mentioned above is great for getting your ringtones (regardless of where they are created) to the iPhone and keeping them on the iPhone. No where did I mention that I use this software for actually creating ringtones even though it does have this capability.

Audacity is strictly an audio program.

I paid the $15 for the iphone ringtone maker and it doesn't work. Only 4 of the 20 ringtones worked. I had better luck on send song.

Try looking up the MECCA patch. This is by far the easiest and only 100% sure way to get them to work.

Thanks

for 1.1.1 customize ringing tone issue
    mecca patched is good then just use IBRICKR to convert audio file to m4a then rename to m4r with space before dot. then follow the instruction mentioned.

---easier way----

NEW SENDSONG VERSION .23e ---> even mp3 file can use as ringing tone, automatically convert file. yet i think better to have the mecca patched so it will not be erase when connected to itunes