Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: SMS and Email Notifications

  1. #1
    Default SMS and Email Notifications
    What do you guys use for your custom sms and email notifications. The ones that come with the phone so freaking low i can't hear anything.
    Can you attach some samples please?

  2. #2
    i use Sound Forge 7.0( kindah old but does the job) to mod the volume of all my ringers plus i use it to cut my mp3s to 20-30sec ringers and use it to mod sound FX(even the volume) 1-3 sec for system sounds for tha iPhone. plus the graph of a sound so thers no hiss or pops come'n frm a sound. over all i like plus it quick and simple. theres others thats is as good. OHhhh wait or are you asking what sounds we use or what prog we use to make them?

  3. #3
    Sounds, i have the program. I just can't find a nice sound for sms and email notification.

  4. #4
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 39 Times in 35 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    Sounds, i have the program. I just can't find a nice sound for sms and email notification.
    AOL - You've Got Mail
    Message tone for SMS - You may like, you may rreeeaaalllyyy like....

    http://rapidshare.com/files/47142038/Ringtones.zip

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SiLeNtKiLLa For This Useful Post:

    heeso (2008-04-01), ToasterBoyOhFour (2009-02-18)

  6. #5
    Default ????????
    Hello sorry I have not posted any questions or engaged in any conversation I have been a little busy but to be honest I really only know how to follow directions I do not know how to create anything I love downloading and modding my iphone I wish I knew how to create files and stuff.

    Vic

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    What do you guys use for your custom sms and email notifications. The ones that come with the phone so freaking low i can't hear anything.
    Can you attach some samples please?
    I use the Star Trek door opening sound for the slider and the Door Chime for the SMS message. Sounds very cool!
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    Message tone for SMS - You may like, you may rreeeaaalllyyy like....http://rapidshare.com/files/47142038/Ringtones.zip
    I am currently crying from laughing so hard.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    AOL - You've Got Mail
    Message tone for SMS - You may like, you may rreeeaaalllyyy like....

    http://rapidshare.com/files/47142038/Ringtones.zip
    I'm using the screaming one for my incoming email but it is so loud, is there a way to turn down the volume?

    had to remove that crazy lady screaming man, woke up my kids
    Last edited by loveanh; 2007-09-20 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    16GB iPhone 1.1.4
    Nokia 8600 Luna
    Blackberry 8820

  10. #9
    Default SMS email tones?
    how do u make this work... i dont know how to change the notifications for SMS and email... help?
    _^:MikE:^_

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by invaderekim View Post
    how do u make this work... i dont know how to change the notifications for SMS and email... help?
    PC or Mac?

    Fugu is the easiest way imo.
    16GB iPhone 1.1.4
    Nokia 8600 Luna
    Blackberry 8820

  12. #11
    I use the transformers sound for incoming email and sms. It is just loud enough without being over the top.

    -Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

  13. #12
    does anyone have any regular/standard dings or beeps? im pretty much a vanilla kind of guy and like standard ringtones and standard notification sounds for my txt msgs and vmaill, etc.

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    AOL - You've Got Mail
    Message tone for SMS - You may like, you may rreeeaaalllyyy like....

    http://rapidshare.com/files/47142038/Ringtones.zip
    do you have the message scream in another format, .aac or wav? Thanks
    16GB iPhone 1.1.4
    Nokia 8600 Luna
    Blackberry 8820

  15. #14
    there's this great line in Season 6 of the Simpsons where Bart calls the police and it says something like "Hello, and welcome to the Springfield Police Department Rescue Phone. Enter the 3-digit extension if you know the crime that's being committed . . . etc."

    I really, REALLY want to use that as my Voicemail message but I haven't been able to find the sound file online if anyone's got Season 6 could you please rip the sound from the episode called Bart of Darkness?

    I would love you forever if you did . . . thanks in advance if it happens.

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by xIsak07 View Post
    there's this great line in Season 6 of the Simpsons where Bart calls the police and it says something like "Hello, and welcome to the Springfield Police Department Rescue Phone. Enter the 3-digit extension if you know the crime that's being committed . . . etc."
    Yeah its.....

    Hello, and welcome to the Springfield Police Department "Rescue Phone"! If you know the name of the felony being committed, press 1. To choose from a list of felonies, press 2. If you are being murdered, or are calling from a rotary phone, please stay on the line.(Bart presses four numbers on the phone) You have chosen- "regicide!" If you know the name of the King or Queen being murdered, press 1.(Bart hangs up)

    Still looking for the sound file myself. If you have any luck please post it here as will I.

    Edit: found it!!

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTOL5EL3
    Last edited by scr4p; 2007-09-24 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Found it!!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to scr4p For This Useful Post:

    ToasterBoyOhFour (2008-09-18)

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by gannon145 View Post
    I am currently crying from laughing so hard.
    lmao i know right.......very funny

  19. #17
    Can someone tell me step by step what I should do to change the tones for incoming mail, incoming sms and all that? I've read this question was allready been sent in this topic and then someone answered with Fugu. I've downloaded Fugu but still can't figure it out...I'm not that computerwizard... I've unlocked my phone with the tutorial found on this site and I'll use Mac. Thank you verry much.

  20. #18
    actually i'm curious about the same thing, how do i change my sms alert? in the customize program it lets you edit sounds but if i change the sound, it doesn't apply the change. that is, i chose the super mario one up sound for my sms alerrt...but when i hit home and went to check it was still as the original iphone alert.

  21. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by apeshizz View Post
    actually i'm curious about the same thing, how do i change my sms alert? in the customize program it lets you edit sounds but if i change the sound, it doesn't apply the change. that is, i chose the super mario one up sound for my sms alerrt...but when i hit home and went to check it was still as the original iphone alert.
    Hey bud, I am assuming you are running either FW 111 or FW 112. If so, you have to manually change the SMS tone using SSH or any File broswer in the phone. You Navigate to the UISounds folder, and replace any of the 6 Tones by renaming your tone to match the existing one, and overwriting the existing one in the folder. The downside is that under preferences it will have the same now, but it will actually be the new tone. If you are running a FW earlier than 111, then Customize should work flawlessly for you, if it isn't, consider using iBrickr.(Assuming you are using a PC)

    Reako

  22. #20
    were is th uisounds?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •