Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS and Email Notifications

is there an easy guide on how to do this? I'd like to change my SMS and get better ringtones to where I could hear them. Any link or exact direction on where to look would be nice. Yes I'm new jus got my iphone sat and trying to take all this info in.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up BandAid for SMS Notification
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    AOL - You've Got Mail
    Message tone for SMS - You may like, you may rreeeaaalllyyy like....

http://rapidshare.com/files/47142038/Ringtones.zip
    Thanks so much for this obnoxious audio file!

Allow me to explain. I work in the corporate IT industry, and without question, needed an SMS solution to wake my butt up in the middle of the night. Like many folks, I suppose, my company uses text messaging for paging. So I was desperate, and between your file, and a little hacking, I've found a solution.

Here's what I have done:
    1) Jailbreak my iPhone 1.1.4
    2) Install SSH client from Installer
    3) SSH to my phone using 'root' and 'alpine' as user/password - via winscp (see other posts on this if you are not familiar
    4) Download the terrifically obnoxious sms-received.caf file
    5) Rename this file to 'sms-receivedx', where x=1 through 6. You will have to over-write one of the useless files on the standard iPhone.
    6) Navigate via WinSCP, on your phone, to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds and copy the file that you wish to overwrite. This is a good measure in case you want to restore it later.
    7) Now, copy your newly renamed file into /System/Library/Audio/UISounds. Remember, the file must be .caf format
    8) Go into settings, and select the sound file, based on the number on the list (sms-received3 would be 'Glass')
    9) You are done!

There's obviously a script/config file somewhere that calls these files. Once I have found that file, I will re-post with information on how to upload additional SMS notify sounds.

Thanks for everyones posts! You helped tremendously!

-Autobahnbrad

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to autobahnbrad For This Useful Post:

HellFire (2008-09-22), JuanKi (2008-09-19)

How about vibrate? How can I put it to vibrate, I personally dont like when my text make any noice. just a old and regular vibration is all I need.

Shift_Specv

Quote Originally Posted by SHIFT_SPECV View Post
    How about vibrate? How can I put it to vibrate, I personally dont like when my text make any noice. just a old and regular vibration is all I need.

Shift_Specv
    Settings... sounds.... message tone "set to none" thats it.. I think.

Is the only way to have a custom SMS message tone to Jailbreak your iPhone? At the moment I would like to avoid Jailbreaking, but I want a SMS tone that says "Mail ************" from Eurotrip. I have the audio file, i just dont know how to get it to my phone.

AOL - You've Got Mail
    That is one kickass sound! Going to use it for the messages tone though

Can someone please tell me where to SHH it in a 1.4.4 phone?

Hey Residentjoker could you please upload it?
    http://i26.tinypic.com/68hhyh.jpg

Its actually already on this site. Found it after looking around a bit.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/rington...sms-alert.html

I just dont know how to get it to my phone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Residentjoker For This Useful Post:

JuanKi (2008-09-19)

Quote Originally Posted by autobahnbrad View Post
    Here's what I have done:
    1) Jailbreak my iPhone 1.1.4
    2) Install SSH client from Installer
    3) SSH to my phone using 'root' and 'alpine' as user/password - via winscp (see other posts on this if you are not familiar
    4) Download the terrifically obnoxious sms-received.caf file
    5) Rename this file to 'sms-receivedx', where x=1 through 6. You will have to over-write one of the useless files on the standard iPhone.
    6) Navigate via WinSCP, on your phone, to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds and copy the file that you wish to overwrite. This is a good measure in case you want to restore it later.
    7) Now, copy your newly renamed file into /System/Library/Audio/UISounds. Remember, the file must be .caf format
    8) Go into settings, and select the sound file, based on the number on the list (sms-received3 would be 'Glass')
    9) You are done!
    Hey thanks a lot! I've now downloaded the files and will be overwriting the sms tones, don't like them very much
    http://i26.tinypic.com/68hhyh.jpg

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

be careful overwriting sounds on 2.0+ using older methods. i did so and it crashed my phone completly. couldn't get service, lost all system sounds. its like it crashed everything while booting and i had to restore my phone to fix it.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Download talking alerts from cydia!!!! And use ibrickr if u want more customization

i have a short sound that i have in a .mp3 format, how do i then make this into a .caf to get a new email received tone to work?

Thanks

Chris

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

AOL - You've Got Mail
    Message tone for SMS - You may like, you may rreeeaaalllyyy like....

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    im literally lol'ing thank you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone jetlorider's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's a Speical Ed from Crank Yankers for your voicemail notice...enjoy

Voicemail.caf

Y not just use winterboard to use your personalized sounds.... create a folder on your desktop call it whatever you want like My Sounds for example within that folder create another folder called UISounds then in that folder put all your sms voicemail and other sounds that you want to use " thy have to have the same name as the phone uses for sounds" then Ssh your new "My Sounds" folder into the /private/var/stash/Themes winterboard folder open up winterB on your phone select your new My Sounds respring and there you go ......

I LOVE my sounds! I included backups of the original sounds so all you have to do is drag everything over into UISounds and overwrite.

SMS sound - QuickTime rip of RAZR V3 "Wind Chime"
    Mail sound - Mac OS X "Glass" sound
    Key press sound - "Tink" (it's actually in the UISounds folder already, I just replaced "Tock.caf" with "Tink.caf"(
    Unlock sound - Some REALLY kick-*** futuristic activation sound from a Japanese PSP game
    Lock sound - SUPER SONIC TRANSFORM FROM SONIC 3 =] =] =] It sounds oh so nice.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Make sure your SMS is set on Chime in Settings > Sounds > New SMS

I have been trying to get hold of the xbox-360 message tone and all tones xbox-360 orientated, anyone with the skills to do this could you please make it up for me or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in-advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12