Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lowering Sound Volume

Default Lowering Sound Volume
    I was just wondering does anyone know how I can reduce the volume of the system sounds? I added a custom sound to lock/unlocking and it is SO loud! Like louder than my max ringtone sound loud

nvm, figured it out =)
    Last edited by genes83; 2007-11-02 at 04:58 AM.

Hi!

How did u fix this please? I've added the 1.1.4 volume boost which is great for more phone and ipod volume but the alert sound when a txt arrives or the phone is unlocked is ear splittingly loud, especially with he headphones on! I've turned off the unlock sound which i can live without but i don;t like having to turn off the txt alert sound off (Although it is better than a burst ear drum)!

Would really appreciate any help, many thanks, M

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morris_1000 View Post
    Hi!

How did u fix this please? I've added the 1.1.4 volume boost which is great for more phone and ipod volume but the alert sound when a txt arrives or the phone is unlocked is ear splittingly loud, especially with he headphones on! I've turned off the unlock sound which i can live without but i don;t like having to turn off the txt alert sound off (Although it is better than a burst ear drum)!

Would really appreciate any help, many thanks, M
    Post it, I'll lower the output db gain for you, if you like...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Dragon View Post
    Post it, I'll lower the output db gain for you, if you like...
    Sorry to threadjack but I was looking for a solution to the same issue. I wanted to lower the volume of my text alert I found somewhere and wasn't sure how. If you don't mind doin that for me E-Dragon i'd appreciate it, thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qanosreme View Post
    Sorry to threadjack but I was looking for a solution to the same issue. I wanted to lower the volume of my text alert I found somewhere and wasn't sure how. If you don't mind doin that for me E-Dragon i'd appreciate it, thanks!
    Here you go...I dropped it 10db, see how that is...
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. The Following User Says Thank You to E-Dragon For This Useful Post:

qanosreme (2008-10-13)

ill prolly get bashed for this but i dld talking alerts from cydia....is there a way to increase volume? and yes my volume is all the way up on the phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar199 View Post
    ill prolly get bashed for this but i dld talking alerts from cydia....is there a way to increase volume? and yes my volume is all the way up on the phone
    Any sound editing program that you can increase the db levels on will do it, if you don't have any... Post it/them here and I'll fix them for you...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to E-Dragon For This Useful Post:

RockStar199 (2008-11-18)

E-Dragon thank you for your reply......im not sure where the sound files are. i looked for them but was not able to find them. i know you have to set the new text message in settings to horn. So i dont know if the horn sounds need to be changed.

I did dld the sound editing files you posted in another thread but just cant find the files to change

After searching through the forums for a bit i did find where the files are located and changed them. Thank you for your time E-Dragon
    Last edited by RockStar199; 2008-11-18 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar199 View Post
    E-Dragon thank you for your reply......im not sure where the sound files are. i looked for them but was not able to find them. i know you have to set the new text message in settings to horn. So i dont know if the horn sounds need to be changed.

I did dld the sound editing files you posted in another thread but just cant find the files to change

After searching through the forums for a bit i did find where the files are located and changed them. Thank you for your time E-Dragon
    You're welcome... So all is OK then,right...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I see all these posts about making the sms ring higher.....where did this thread originate?......i dont even know where to start.....

thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrnjnke View Post
    I see all these posts about making the sms ring higher.....where did this thread originate?......i dont even know where to start.....

thanks
    Any paid or free program you can change the db gain in and convert the file type...