Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FREE RINGTONES for 1.1.1

Default FREE RINGTONES for 1.1.1
    wow finally someone fingered it out... now you guys don't need to pay anything for your ring tones...

here is the link:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...light=ringtone

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...light=ringtone

this is what i did:

------Making the .m4r--------

1) I have "QuickTime Player pro", i opened an mp3 with it

2) set my in and out with the little marker on the time line
    **I set it to about 30 seconds in between the markers (set it to what ever length you want)

3) then under edit ---> Trim to Selection

4) then under File ---> Export...

5) went down to "Export:" change it to "Movie to ipod"

6) change the name of the song to something short with Songname<space>.m4r

7) Hit save (saving it to desktop)

----Prep iphone-----

8) Download the patched mecca file "mecca.zip"

9) unzipped and copied to "/System/Library/Frameworks/MeCCA.framework/" over SFTP (on my iphone)
    Note: your computer has to be connected tot he same wireless router as your iphone,make sure SSH is on, use an FTP Client that support SFTP and cennect to the iphone,
    server: (what ever your iphone IP is on the router)
    User Name:root
    password:dottie
    (if that doesn't work then try alpine)
    Protocol:SFTP

10) Reboot iPhone

11) Copy .m4r ringtone to "/Library/Ringtones/"
    NOTE: THE SPACE BEFORE THE DOT IS IMPORTANT, IT'S WHAT THE PATCH LOOKS FOR AND MAKE SURE IT IS " .m4r" on your iphone

12) Go to Settings ---> Sounds and select your ringtone
    **AND IT SURVIVES SYNCS!!! NOW YOU CAN SET YOUR RINGTONES TO YOUR CONTACTS!!!! YAHOO!!!
    Last edited by perfect_azn; 2007-11-09 at 03:55 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to perfect_azn For This Useful Post:

LsquareD (2007-11-24)

Yeah, this is awesome. I started using it yesterday and now it only takes about 20 seconds to do a tone, very easy to do. This is a great way of doing it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If u like to go back to the 7.4.1 itunes try http://mac.oldapps.com/itunes.php to down load it so you dont have to mold ur iphone. and keep play list.

just a question. Des iphone has to be jailbroken in order to use Mecca file?

i think you would have to in order to write anything to the iphone...

oo and it works with the new itunes!!

anyone know if this still works on 1.1.2?

this method works great. thanks

Thanks

can someone email the mecca zip file to me [email protected], i cant download on rapidshare

Just use idemocracy 2.0. It will patch the mecca for you. All you have to do is go to the ringtone section and press the mecca button and thats it. It is by far the easiest way to do it.

After your done installing idemocracy 2.0, open it up and click on debug folder. Once in that folder find idemocracy.exe and click on that. A small screen will pop up with options to jailbreak, media, and file browser. Click on media. Then a different screen will pop up and you should see a mecca button on the bottom left. Before you press that you need to be on wifi. Simply enter your ip address in the area where it says to. Make sure you delete the writing in the ip field before you enter the ip. After the ip's entered click on Mecca button. Thats it, after its downloaded to your phone, your phone will reboot itself and then your set to download ringtones.

Also if your on windows you will need to use winrar to open the idemocarcy 2.0 file because its a rar file.

Jordan
    Last edited by jrdan24; 2007-11-24 at 04:13 PM.

Why not use sendsong on installer? Pick song send to ringtones. Turn phone off/on ur done. Works for 1.0.2 and 1.1.1
    Support.A.New.JAILBREAK.Program.For.Windows.

sendsong is ok, but everytime you sync the phone in itunes it erases the songs if you have v1.1.1. So you have to do the whole process over again. With the mecca way they are guaranteed to remain even after a sync.

Jordan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrdan24 View Post
    sendsong is ok, but everytime you sync the phone in itunes it erases the songs if you have v1.1.1. So you have to do the whole process over again. With the mecca way they are guaranteed to remain even after a sync.

Jordan
    correct.....great apps no more problem in 1.1.1 for ringing tones. no more winscp blah blah blah