Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incipio's Feather Case for iPhone 6/6 Plus Keeps the Thin Factor and Good Looks

Default Incipio's Feather Case for iPhone 6/6 Plus Keeps the Thin Factor and Good Looks

You've got to love the new slim form factor of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus; it's the thinnest iPhone to date. With that being said, it's on the to-do list of many minimalists out there to find themselves an iPhone case that will preserve the thin form factor of the device without adding all of the unnecessary bulk that many cases do.

If you're one of those minimalists out there that's looking for a thin snap-on iPhone case to simply keep it protected from scuffing and scratching while being placed on hard surfaces and while keeping a sexy appeal for your iPhone, then you may want to consider Incipio's Feather case for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

The Incipio Feather comes in two different versions the regular version, which has more of a rubberized look and feel to it, and the SHINE version, which has a brushed aluminum look to it. This review focuses on the SHINE version, which has the brushed aluminum styling on the rear of the case.

When we get the Feather out of the box, we can automatically feel just how thin and minimalistic it is. You can see that the inside of the case is carefully lined with a soft padding so that the back of your iPhone will be cradled in protection from scuffing that could occur in earlier versions of the case from dirt that could potentially get in between the iPhone and the case itself, so that's a nice upgrade from earlier versions of the Feather:

Because this is a snap-on case, all we do is lay our iPhone 6 Plus inside of the case, and press it in until we feel it "snap" into the case:

Right off the bat, you can see how shallow the footprint of this case is. It doesn't come up above the display like some of Incipio's other cases do. Instead, the display is actually quite vulnerable to the outside world. Because of this, we would recommend some kind of screen protector (this case doesn't include one, unfortunately). Because it's wide-open, you have direct access to the Touch ID sensor, as well as the front-facing camera and speaker without obtrusion.

Your volume buttons, as well as your ringer/silent switch is open to the elements, making it easy for you to press, or flip the switch:

The same story can be told with the power button in the side of the device, which is also exposed and easy to press:

On the bottom of the case, you have a nice wide-open and accessible area for charging, using headphone and speaker accessories, and listening to audio. Because the cut-out down here is nice and open, you shouldn't have much trouble fitting all kinds of third-party accessories in here for your enjoyment:

On the rear of the case, you can see the beauty of the black brushed aluminum finish. It's a plastic case, but it's styled to look like brushed aluminum. You can also see the Incipio branding on the bottom right:

If we take a close look at the camera, you can tell that the case does a good job of making sure that the camera never comes in contact with any table surface by providing enough of a lip to keep it elevated. Your camera is not obtruded by the case itself, nor is the rear-facing flash or rear-facing microphone:

Some important notes about this case are that because it's a thin snap-on case, this is not a case that offers excellent drop protection. This is known as the industry's "minimalist" case, as it provides a simple way to prevent wear and tear on the back of your device while placing it and picking it up from tabletops. It also maintains the minimalist form factor of the slim devices without compromising good looks.

So if you're looking for protection, this case probably isn't for you, but if you're a minimalist, this case is probably everything you've been looking for.

The Incipio Feather for the iPhone 6 Plus is available on Incipio's Web site for $24.99 in the following colors:

• Navy
    • Light blue
    • Pink
    • Turquoise
    • Black
    • Clear
    • Gray

The Incipio Feather SHINE for the iPhone 6 Plus is available on Incipio's Web site for $29.99 in the following colors:

• White
    • Black
    • Silver
    • Gold
    • Gunmetal
    • Rose gold

If you're an iPhone 6 user, and not an iPhone 6 Plus user, the Incipio Feather for the iPhone 6 is available on Incipio's Web site for $24.99 in the same colors as the iPhone 6 Plus version, and the Incipio Feather SHINE for the iPhone 6 is available on Incipio's Web site for $29.99 in the same colors as the iPhone 6 Plus version.

Because of the small price tag, along with the awesome minimalistic appeal of this case, we really like it. But because it's understandably not as protective as some cases, we can only recommend it to those that are truly careful to their phones. This is probably a great case for the everyday office worker, and not necessarily the everyday car mechanic. We're giving this case three and a half out of five leaves for its quality, style, and appeal:

Stay tuned as we keep you updated on even more iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus-compatible cases in the near future!

I have had the Incipio Feather on the last few iPhones, and it is hands-down the best case that I have ever had.
    I am very gentle with my iPhones, so I don't often worry much about drop protection, just looking for alittle bit more grip without adding weight and this does exactly that.

It's something that I miss now that I have a larger case on my Iphone 6+

Quote Originally Posted by skb875 View Post
    I have had the Incipio Feather on the last few iPhones, and it is hands-down the best case that I have ever had.
    I am very gentle with my iPhones, so I don't often worry much about drop protection, just looking for alittle bit more grip without adding weight and this does exactly that.

It's something that I miss now that I have a larger case on my Iphone 6+
    I've been an Incipio Feather customer since the iPod tough 4g came out. I keep buying them with every new device release and I've always loved the slimness to them because I'm just like you and I'm gentle with my devices.

Incipio Feather user here. I approve of this case.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Why have a case?

Does it have only one color?