Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A Look At Apple's Leather Case for the iPhone 6 Plus - Luxurious and Minimal

Default A Look At Apple's Leather Case for the iPhone 6 Plus - Luxurious and Minimal

Apple offers a lineup of cases for its new 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus devices. They are offered in different colors, as well as in either leather or silicone. Today, we're going to give you a peek at the black leather case for the iPhone 6 Plus.

Apple sells the leather iPhone 6 case on their Web site for $45.00 and the leather iPhone 6 Plus case on their Web site for $49.00. It's available in black, red, midnight blue, olive brown, and soft pink. Apple does note that because the case is made out of true leather, the look and feel of the case will change over time as you use it. This is less noticeable with the black case, but if you pick up a lighter case like the soft pink or olive brown, you will definitely begin to see wear marks over time, which give it that older rustic look and feel.

Upon receiving the packaging of the case, you can see that it keeps the naturally minimalistic packaging that Apple is known for. When you slip the case out of the box, you will feel the leatheriness, the amazingly smooth and soft feel, of the case. The interior of the case is lined with what feels like a light fabric padding in order to keep the back of your iPhone from getting scuffed by dirt particles.

It literally just snaps right onto the iPhone 6 Plus with hardly any effort. We recommend placing the iPhone into the case top-first, and then just snapping the bottom into place:

Unlike the leather iPhone case for the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s, the bottom of the iPhone 6/6 Plus is actually more exposed to the elements with Apple's newest leather case:

On the other hand, the additional spaciness that the opening offers makes it easier than ever to plug in third-party speakers or headphones into your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. Anyone that owned the leather case for the iPhone 5 or iPhoen 5s knows how hard it was to get third-party headphones or speakers into the 3.5mm headphone jack Apple literally only took their own headphone plug design into consideration.

The speaker and Lightning connector are also both easily accessed. This means no muffled speaker sound, and it also means that third-party lightning connectors will fit here nicely. The microphone used during calls is also easily accessible, so those you're talking to on the phone shouldn't notice any adverse call quality problems.

The ringer/silent switch is easily accessible through a cut-out in the side of the case. Right below that are two buttons for the volume up and volume down, which are also easily pressed through the case. As you wear in the case, the buttons will get easier to press, although they're not very hard to press even when the case is fresh out of the box:

The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus both move the sleep/wake button to the side of the device rather than the top, and Apple has compensated for that in their leather case. You'll notice another raised edge on the side of the case to make ti easy t discern where the button is. Like the volume buttons, this will wear in over time and become easier to press:

Like Apple's previous-generation leather cases for the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s, the leather cases for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus include an embossed Apple logo in the leather for aesthetics:

The camera is not disturbed by the case, nor is the dual-tone LED flash, or the rear-facing microphone. There is a black plastic ring lining the cut-out for the camera hole to prevent glare and add some structural rigidity to the case in this area.

In terms of protection, this is a light-duty case. It's made for the minimalists out there that want a little bit of "on-the-table" protection from scuffs and wear marks in the aluminum, but those looking for more protection will want to look elsewhere because the case lacks any screen or impact protection from drops. We also think that the bottom of the case does a poor job of protecting the aluminum because of the lack of any coverage there.

The case feels very natural to hold in your hand thanks to the leather. The round and soft feel of the case makes it very easy to grip in one hand without feeling like you're going to drop the device, even with the larger surface area.

Because it feels like a great ergonomic case, we'll give it 3.5 out of 5 leaves. The downsides are that the case is a tad bit pricey and that it doesn't really offer that much protection. It's mostly a case for looks.

If you want to order one, you can head over to Apple's Web site. Stay tuned as we keep you updated on even more cases in the near future!

Thanks

Does it stop the bending (we all want to know) JK haha! Looks sleek.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

It's been so long since an accessory review! I'm glad they're back.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-10-13)

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Does it stop the bending (we all want to know) JK haha! Looks sleek.
    I ordered this "case" online, not realizing that it offers zero bend protection. It's floppy. I sent it back.

Now, I'm waiting for Speck to actually release the non-existent case that they have been promoting since Sept 19th.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kickerman65's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the apple leather cases. The one for my 5s lasted the entire life of the phone. And best of all, I get Apple to throw one in free of charge every year .

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    It's been so long since an accessory review! I'm glad they're back.
    Thanks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-14)

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    I love the apple leather cases. The one for my 5s lasted the entire life of the phone. And best of all, I get Apple to throw one in free of charge every year .
    How do you do that?

Is there any tweak to remove the black gradient in home screen & lock screen after ios 7.1 in iphone 4. Any JB tweak??

Where to post question like this ????

My friend is want to buy this type of luxurious cases for them mobiles..