Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Firmeware 4.3.5 Questions

Default iPhone Firmeware 4.3.5 Questions
    I have been out of the iPhone game for a little while now and recently picked up a iPhone 4 that is on 4.3.5 using a Gevey Sim Pro to unlock the device. I did a restore in iTunes given that 4.3.5 is the newest firmware and cut an old AT&T SIM card to fit the micro slot (I was not given the original SIM for the phone). The device is activated so no waiting for activation screen or anything like that and it is working. The question I have is with the new redsn0w I know it works on a tethered jailbreak, since I have an old AT&T SIM card to activate it can I jailbreak the device with redsn0w and use as normal without having to tether it again?? I am really wanting Cydia on the phone and seems like redsn0w is the only way?? Any help would be great. Thanks!
    If I helped you hit the "Thanks"!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If you put cydia on there it will be tethered regardless of what sim card you have.

So pretty much that is the only way to get Cydia on it correct?? Jailbreakme won't work as well correct??

Also I tried doing the downgrade with the SHSH blobs and didn't matter what I did the phone would not get out of recovery mod. I used TU, RecBoot, and iREB. Any ideas on that??

Thanks

jailbreakme wont work on anything above 4.3.3.

Do you have 4.3.3 or lower SHSH?

I don't know actually, I use iTunes to restore to 4.3.3 and start the TSS and it starts to restore and then recieve an error of some sort and all the places I see say use Rec Fix to kick it out of recovery mode however it doesn't do a thing, just stays in DFU mode. No matter how many times I try to do it it will act like it is restoring and then error pops and phone stays in DFU mode. Any ideas?? How can I verify if I have SHSH for 4.3.3? Before I updated (4.3.5) I used TU to save my SHSH (the phone was previously on 4.3.3).

Thanks

Tiny umbrella lists what SHSH you have under the general tab.

I had similar problem when i tried to update to 4.3.3 from 4.2.1
    I've had my SHSHs since 4.1 so it was frustrating
    kept getting the 1013 error
    eventually I had to give up on it and let it restore to 4.3.5 because i couldn't leave it like that and I needed to use my phone

Thanks

You can get around error 1013 by using custom firmware.