Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 4.3.3 Jailbroken with Redsn0w sluggish homescreen...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 4.3.3 Jailbroken with Redsn0w sluggish homescreen...
    So I've never run across this.
    Just recently, I had to reset my iPhone because it was giving me a few minor problems. I could not reset it to 4.3.3 and was stuck in a sort of DFU loop. I reset my phone to 4.3.5 and used redsnow (just using tinyumbrella and iTunes did not work for me.) I had to create a custom firmware file with redsn0w and use tinyumbrella then iTunes for it to actually go through with no iTunes errors. At first, it worked no problems whatsoever. Then, as a day or went by, it started acting sluggish and causing my home-screen to sort of crash (the screen does not want to scroll to the next home screen and my apps do not want to open.) Anyway, so I redid the process, but I was able to just reset to a new (I remade a new 4.3.3 firmware file just in case) 4.3.3 file using redsn0w and again, worked fine until a day later when it was acting up doing the same thing again. I don't really know how to explain the situation, I'm sure it has happened to someone on here I'm hoping and you found the solution or a workaround to live with it without having to restart the phone every 10 minutes (It's gotten that bad for me, and I don't want to reset my phone anymore because I'm tired of reloading all my apps and music.) This last time I didn't even load any apps, I'm just living with the basics on my phone plus spotify and the cydia app. But it still happens which leads me to believe that it's either something that wasn't wiped when I fully reset my phone, cydia itself or my custom firmware, which I would actually like to remove and restore to plain 4.3.3 and jailbreak via jailbreakme but my computer was not letting me restore to 4.3.3 even though I have shsh backups back to 4.2.1 I believe.

I'm sorry I let this post get too far away from me, I didn't mean to it to be too long. I'm really hoping someone can help me with this.

Sometimes it could be the tool. Maybe try a different redsnow(same version) and a new firmware

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Run latest Tiny Umbrella, check mark : Update iphone 4 baseband and set hosts file to cydia.
    Start Tss Server with 4.3.3 saved blob.
    Run itunes and restore to stock 4.3.3, error 1013 will be bypassed.

Default I need help
    hey guys. I JB my ipad using Redsnow for 4.3.5 i know that i need to restart it using redsnow again but i forgot. when my apps keep on crashing i did a soft reset without redsnow. now my ipad wont turn on. all i see is that while apple logo with a black background. it just wont start..what to do? thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Tether boot from Aople logo, tricky part but can be done.

What do you mean by soft reset with redwn0w ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

dhawell (2011-09-24)

i did a soft reset. that thing when u pressed the home button and the power button simultaneously. i know that tethered Jailbreak should only be boot through redsnow but i forgot and just did the reset thingy... anyways, so what should i do?
    Last edited by dhawell; 2011-09-24 at 02:19 AM.

Use RedSn0w to 'just boot tethered'.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.