Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions before i attempt 4.3.2 with bb 5.16.02 - 3GS

Default Questions before i attempt 4.3.2 with bb 5.16.02 - 3GS
    Questions before i attempt 4.3.2 with bb 5.16.02

Looking to follow this tutorial
    I have downloaded the exact files - Including the itunes 10.2.2 (old version)

Question 1. Is this tutorial tethered? My phone recently broke with 1015 error and have tried to fix it but gave up, received a phone from a friend and am attempting this walkthrough - my issue is they come out with so many bb/version/redsn0w tutorials that i want to make sure this is the best option.

Question 2 - Is this tutorial the most current - Best Option
    Unlock iPhone 3GS 05.16.01 & 05.16.02 Baseband on iOS 4.3.3 [Guide] | Jaxov

Question 3 - I know that i will not be able to downgrade which i am fine with but question. If i update it to most current would that be better to unlock jailbreak? What is your opinion?

If you have a better tutorial to follow with this BB in mind for iPhone 3GS let me know

- Much Appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Dont restore to 4.3.3 if you don't have the blob, you will be stucked.
    Run Tiny umbrella, and request shsh blob from cydia.
    Under general tab ,it should list what you have. If you have not jailbreak or saved blib before, then you won't have it.
    You can just jailbreak with Jailbreakme.com 3.0 at 4.3.2
    Since your Bb is not unlockable, to unlock you need to update Baseband to iPad bb which breaks your gps function .
    To update bb, you run redsnow 0.9.6 b16 and above.

I need to unlock it because i use TMobile.
    So what do you recommend? if i can jailbreak it with jailbreakme.com i will still be stuck and unable to get it on tmobile right?

whats your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Dont restore to 4.3.3 if you don't have the blob, you will be stucked.
    Run Tiny umbrella, and request shsh blob from cydia.
    Under general tab ,it should list what you have. If you have not jailbreak or saved blib before, then you won't have it.
    You can just jailbreak with Jailbreakme.com 3.0 at 4.3.2
    Since your Bb is not unlockable, to unlock you need to update Baseband to iPad bb which breaks your gps function .
    To update bb, you run redsnow 0.9.6 b16 and above.

Thanks

There is always a possibility something goes wrong, but using Jailbreakme 3.0 is super easy. As I have said, to unlock you have to run redsnow and only choose iPad bb update and finish up the process.

Do Jailbreakme first and then redsnow ( do not choose install cydia) once you have used Jailbreakme

thanks much,

quick - whats the difference between me going through the walkthrough and going to jailbreakme.com? is it just ease and convenience?

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    There is always a possibility something goes wrong, but using Jailbreakme 3.0 is super easy. As I have said, to unlock you have to run redsnow and only choose iPad bb update and finish up the process.

Do Jailbreakme first and then redsnow ( do not choose install cydia) once you have used Jailbreakme

Thanks

Jailbreakme is the easiest of all jailbreak, even a one year old kid can do it.

just jailbreakme.com - easy. for some reason my time wasnt syncing so i couldnt brow the internet... sad...

now im downloading current redsnow and 4.3.2 which is my current firmware to run the redsnow app. anything i should know aside from not installing cydia because its already there?

thanks much in advanced

in redsnow its 9.9 it says "extras" and it says "jailbreak and install cydia."

confusing because the verbage is that jailbreak. I just jailbroke it or at least jailbreak put cydia on my iphone 3gs. It took less than 1 minute to install and open up cydia.

so would i use "jailbreak and install cydia and later it will let me install the power meter and disable or not install cydia?
    Last edited by kurabii; 2011-09-20 at 11:16 PM.

Thanks

I told you to use Jailbreakme.com 3.0 from safari on your iPhone and you decided to use redsnow 9.9 .
    Now you need to restore to 4.3.2 and hopefully you have the blob otherwise you are SOL

I really wished you had listened and trusted me to help you.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-21 at 05:40 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

kurabii (2011-09-21)

lol you left. you said "Do Jailbreakme first and then redsnow " to me that means jailbreakme.com and then redsnow app.

its fine. I will try and figure out the best way to fix my other 3gs. right now i have a 3gs with 4.3.5 which is ok. but my original iphone is going back and forth to the apple screen. Im angry and dont want to have to invest in a new phone just before the 5 comes out. I plan to buy my friends iphone 4's from them when they upgrade

I trusted you but my lack of knowledge and the mass amounts of jargon along side acronyms and terms isnt exactly something you can pick up without an issue.

I am SOL and i accept my mistake, now to try and figure out this other iphone 3gs - the original one that broke when i updated apps.

so with this 4.3.5 is there a way i can just unlock? i dont care to jailbreak right now as i just need to unlock it to get it onto my tmobile network/prepaid
    Last edited by kurabii; 2011-09-21 at 11:54 AM.