Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 0.9.9b1 Windows crash

iPhone 4 on 4.3.5, so I got the new redsn0w for windows last night and everything worked well at first, I get cydia on but had to still do the boot tethered option so I do that and almost immediately it crashes with a windows.exe error and leaves your phone in recovery mode while crashing redsnow. While this is happening I open iTunes and shutoff redsnow and start restoring my phone, I go back into redsnow to just browse and it just stopped my restore so just had to reopen iTunes but it seems like there's a major problem with redsnow interacting with refsnow during the boot tethered now stage. I've read multiple accounts in which they had the exact same problem, really hope this issue gets resolved I don't want to wait for iOS 5

EDIT

major problem with redsnow interacting with windows during the boot tethered right now step

I don't know if this is the same as mine, but I just did this last night with the same setup as you & when I did the boot tethered redsnow closed itself (I didn't receive any error popup though). I have found that the only way to fix this for me is to close redsnow each time I use it once.

Meaning I boot tethered & if I need to do it again after installing something from cydia I close redsnow, restart it, and boot tethered

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

It's probably a good idea to always close redsnow after doing something with it before doing another thing. Also if you are on windows vista/7 then you should run redsnow in windows xp sp2 compatibility mode and run it as admin.

Ya I have windows 7, ya it was a windows error and it just shut it down and I was stuck in dfu mode and had to restore again. How do I change windows 7 to that I've never really messed with redsnow that much

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Right click on redsnow, choose properties and under the compatibility tab check the box to run as admin and choose to run it in windows xp sp2 (or sp3, doesnt matter) compatibility mode.

Yep just checked online thanks a ton, I'll be trying it again after work in a few hours I really hope it works...thanks again peeps

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with the restart of redsnow for new tasks. aside from dat, working fine with me. Got me out of recovery/emergency mode after jb, uploaded shsh file to cydia, created custom fw but still getting iTunes error 3015. I have latest itunes installed.

correction: iTunes Error 3194
    Last edited by Jabbacks; 2011-09-21 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Error 3194 means either you don't have the blob for restore or you are not pointing your hosts file towards cydia or you are not using Tss Server from TU.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Thanks

Just did that and got another error. Didn't really get the error # but it was like security/firewall or something. The other one was in the 60 range. Did all what apple support said and keep getting different errors #'s from iTunes.

Ok used latest redsnow 99b1 to get out of recovery, it goes to the main screen. When turning phone off and power back up, it locks @ the apple logo.

still trying....

Well i finally got a working cydia thank you guys for the help. Come to notice in cydia I had saved my shsh for 4.3.3 wish I was confident enough to do all the downgrading but it may be a hassle since iOS 5 will be out in a couple weeks oh well...thanks again