Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G redsn0w jailbreak

I jailbroke my brothers 3G on 4.2.1 using redsn0w 16.9 rc and I can't get the call to work, any help would be much appreciated

It was redsn0w 0.9.6 rc 16 I used

Did it work before you JB?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Yes and no, it was my dads contract fone and when it ran out he gave it to my brother, when my brother put his O2 contract sim in it looked the phone and the only thing he could do was emergency calls, I tried to reset the fone and doing that'd dfu thingy didnt work either which is why I said I would try an see if the jailbreak work. The phone was on O2 contract before my bro had it same as mine but I have a payg sim now and I jailbroke mine before my contract was up

If the phone is locked to O2 then your brother's O2 SIM should just work in it - as should any O2 SIM (PAYG or contract). Has the phone been restored? If so, try activating in iTunes.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I've tried with iTunes aswell and it just crashes, when I connect the phone u hear the connection sound and then the loading bar pops up or no longer that 10 seconds an just crashes

Make sure you have the latest iTunes and try again.