Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Redsnow 0.9.6rc16 JB with BB 6.15.00 goes into sleep mode never comes out

Default iPhone 3GS Redsnow 0.9.6rc16 JB with BB 6.15.00 goes into sleep mode never comes out
    I have a 3GS with the new boot rom.

Used RedSnow 0.9.6rc16 to install 4.3.3 and BB 6.15.00. checked the settings for firmware and BB.
    no ssh Blobs

It seemed to work fine. Removed from cable, connected to secure WiFi and went to Cydia to download SnowBreeze. Took a break and iPhone went into sleep mode. could not boot tethered, could not restore.

Tried fix recovery 43:
    uploading iBSS.n88ap to device, then reconnecting to device
    waiting 10 seconds for the device to pop up...
    Preparing to upload iBSS payload
    Loaded payload for iBSS on n88ap
    Resetting device counters
    unable to find device
    Unable to upload iBss payload
    Unable to upload iBSS payload
    Exiting libpois0n

When battery died I was able to install snow breeze custom ipsw through iTunes however it would not reboot. Could see the snowbreeze logo and the progress bar on the Phone and then I was able to install 4.3.3 JB through RedSnow again however the first time goes into sleep mode it no longer can be accessed.

When trying to restore with iTunes it seems like it can not get into recovery mode.

Any suggestions?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

SHSH bobs are required to install any iOS. Without version unique bobs it will fail.
    If you haven't don't it already, use Tiny Umbrella to verify what you have.
    Apple is currently signing 4.3.5 and 4.1. These two may be your only choice.

Thanks for the quick response.

From some where TU pick up the SHSH blobs for 4.3.5.

The question I had is would the SHSH blobs cause the Redsnow install of 4.3.3 and BB 6.15.00 to go into some funky state after sleep mode?

Anyway, when the battery dies, I can go to 4.1 using iTunes without TU TSS server running.
    I will update this thread after the install the IOS. Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mateo1961 View Post
    ...The question I had is would the SHSH blobs cause the Redsnow install of 4.3.3 and BB 6.15.00 to go into some funky state after ..
    The absence of 4.3.3 blobs will !!
    Restoring an un-authorized iOS caused the problems, not redsnOw.

Quote Originally Posted by mateo1961 View Post
    ...Anyway, when the battery dies, I can go to 4.1 using iTunes without TU TSS server running....
    Correct. TU should not be used when restoring 4.1 or the latest iOS.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-09-13 at 06:58 AM.

Tried to restore to 4.1 however iTunes gave error 3194. TU said 4.1 Device not eligible for restore. Cydia does not have the SHSH blobs saved sorry you are out of luck.

How do I restore to 4.1 (Is Apple still signing 4.1??)?

Thanks.

Default Ohs
    My bad. TU had crashed on me and I needed to edit the hosts files for iTunes to correctly verify the 4.1 install. Got 4.1 installed (Got SHSH blobs for 4.1, and all the 5.0 BLOBS). now I am having issues in getting it out of recovery.

Thanks for your help.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Build a custom 4.1 firmware with Sn0wbreeze or Pwnage (Mac) in simple mode.
    Follow the count-down timer carefully, enter pwnd-DFU mode, shift/select restore w/iTunes.
    No iTunes errors are expected.

Default Got it
    Before I saw your post I found a post under the general forum that used Redsnow. At the same time I was also downloading Sn0wBreeze v2.1 (on a dial up). I used Redsnow 0.9.6rc16.

These are the steps I followed from the other Post.

1. Shift+Click Restore button in iTunes, then install 4.1 (ignore the error message)
    2. With the newest redsn0w point at the 4.1 ipsw
    3. Select Cydia, do not select iPad firmware.
    4. DFU->Jailbreak
    5. Then turn of the phone start redsn0w again and select "Just boot tethered right now"
    6. Wait, then you should see the emergency call screen.
    7. Turn off the phone.
    8. Jailbreak with redsn0w again.
    9. Boot tethered again and now it should work.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Both methods should work -- redsn0w or sn0wbreeze.
    Using sn0wbreeze builds a custom firmware and usually works when redsn0w will not.

Is your phone working now?

I just wanted to send a shout out to Mes for putting up with my Newbie-ism and for helping clear up the SHSH issue (not having the right blobs). I have learned a lot over the last few days and understand the process a lot more.

Thanks!!!!!

Also thanks go to fliudpwn for his step by in the "Stuck on recovery loop after redsn0w + baseband update" post in the General forum. (Thanks to iyeow as well!!!)

Mes thanks again. Hopefully I won't screw up the ultrasnow unlock of the 6.15.00 BB.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You're welcome mateo1961. Glad to be of help.

The procedure you detailed appears to ignore any errors and jailbreak or boot tethered until it works.
    It is odd and I don't understand it. Maybe our resident expert Simon can explain

Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey Guys i know this is an old post but i hope you guys dosent mid me posting here. well i read and i didnt quite understand :S
    Im stuck at recoverymode, but i used Sn0wbreez to get it in DFU-Mode.. so now im in DFU-mode,,,
    i try to downgrade/Restore it but i get error msg from iTunes like (3195) error and (1015) error.
    got no clue what to do now.. so i wonder if you guys can tell me step-by-step how to do? ....