Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP. Steps to Tethered 4.3.5 JB

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Default HELP. Steps to Tethered 4.3.5 JB
    Hey everyone! So the story goes, I searched for 3 weeks for an iPhone4 (white) that was produced before week 28 (you can tell by the 3rd & 4th digits of the serial number on the back of box/it needs to be before 28, obviously) for my gf so I could have it on fw 4.3.3 so I could JB using Comex 3.0. So I got it JB and wouldnt you know even though I told her 15 times and even showed her to NOT UPDATE on iTunes......she does. There was no way to save SHSH because I bought it on 4.3.3 and iFaith wouldn't let me download it. It kept saying "wait for update." so now her phone is stuck on 4.3.5, YAY! well she's on my case about fixing it, she doesn't get it obviously, so I'm basically starting this thread for iAngie and anyone else to help with the steps to JB 4.3.5 tethered, in guessing through redsn0w. I've never JB tethered and have no clue the process for when you have to reboot your phone or turn it off, so it'd be great if everybody could help.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Jailbreak 4.3.5 iOS iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch With Redsn0w [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

This should do it. If you run into any issues let me know.

EDIT: Since you probably already jailbroke 4.3.5, open Cydia and wait for it to fully load. Then at the top look for green writing. It should say something like: "SHSH: iOS 4.1, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.5"
    If it has 4.3.3 in that list on yours then go ahead and follow the below steps.
    Use Tiny Umbrella to save the SHSH, make sure the source is set to Cydia. Then press "Enter Recovery" then "Start TSS Server". Then restore using a clean 4.3.3 firmware through iTunes. Hope I helped!

Also, why does it have to be made before week 28?
    Last edited by ihatefruit; 2011-09-19 at 01:31 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

WEEK 28:

If you are looking to buy a NEW iPhone 4 and you want to be able to use the Comex 3.0 JB then you need to make sure in the serial number that the 3rd and 4th digits are before week 28 because it ensures that fw 4.3.3 is installed on the phone. To get 4.3.3 you need to get it between week 19 & 27. Obviously if it was manufactured during those weeks then it will have the current fw installed for that period.

So basically the serial number should look as follows xx25xxxxx etc... The #25 could be anywhere between 19 and 27 to ensure the gain of 4.3.3. Does that make sense? If you want an earlier fw then all you need to do is search the weeks that fw was current (before a newer fw was released) and find the serial number the coincides with those weeks. what I do is take the first and last week of when the fw was current and make it obsolete. For ex: 4.3.3 was released and current through weeks 19-28 but to guarantee I get 4.3.3 I look for weeks between 19 and 27 because during the first and last week of that fw, depending on what day (which is impossible to determine) it could be the earlier or later fw due to the non-introduction or introduction of said fw. I hope that all makes sense.

As for jbing my gf's phone with the tethered 4.3.5 I have not done it yet. Like I said I purchased the phone on 4.3.3 fw at which time Apple was no longer signing that fw anymore so I couldn't save the shsh via TU. I also couldn't save it via iFaith because when I was trying to download the program I kept getting a "wait for update" message and wouldn't allow me to download it. During the time period that iFaith wouldn't let you install it, she updated the phone to 4.3.5, so I'm stuck with NO shsh blobs except 4.3.5. And I do know about seeing what SHSH's are stored via Cydias home screen but it also just says 4.3.5.

I think I'm going to give it a try today and JB her phone with the redsn0w tethered JB so we will see what happens. I was waiting to see if anybody would get wise and release an untethered JB for it because I hate to inform people but a new iPhone is not coming in the near future. If so Apple would be advertising and taking preorders like mad. But Apple is very smart releasing the iOS 5 Beta because everyone is focused on that and getting an exploit ready but nobody is messing with any current exploits so Apple is saving plenty of $ not releasing useless updates like 4.3.5 that gf's can use to mess up the currently available JB. Just my opinion.

Thanks for everyone's help and I'll repost to let you know how the 4.3.5 tethered goes.

Oh, OK, I wasn't sure if you tried that or not.