Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dead Iphone 3Gs

Default Dead Iphone 3Gs
    First of all, hi and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm currently sailing in a sea of desperation and horror.
    To summarize my issue, I have an Iphone 3Gs that was running iOS 4.3.3 with one of the bb that couldn't be unlocked and wasn't jailbreaked. Today I decided to jailbreak it cause I was using it only as an Ipod, I run redsn0w with the official ipsw and jb with bb 6.15. Everything went fine until I run Cydia and it wouldn't load, it said something about preparing the system, but a few moments later I was stuck in the apple logo and couldn't even start iOS.
    I've been doing a lot of stuff since then to try to make anything work with no luck, and the worst thing is that I don't have my 4.3.3 blobs and iTunes doesn't take my custom ipsw made with sn0wbreeze (error 3194). From the three versions of ipsw that i have (original, custom for new boot, custom for old boot) iTunes only takes custom for old boot and installs it (after getting into DFU pwned mode) but when it finishes installation it still tells me that my device is in recovery mode and I can't get it to start.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

I'm truly afraid to ask but, in the occasion that a version of sn0wbreeze with support to build a custom 4.3.4/4.3.5 ipsw comes out, will I be able to upgrade even without my shsh?

I have already tried the following:
    - Desactivating the option "set hosts to cydia on exit" from tinyumbrella.
    - Modifying the windows hosts file myself.
    - Restoring official, custom new boot, custom old boot 4.3.3 ipsw which leads to error 3194 in the first two and it gets stuck with a black screen after installing old boot.
    - Forcing exit from recovery mode with tinyumbrella.
    - Trying to get blobs with iFaith which goes well until "apple logo" and then it shows in the phone "unable to find byte sequence" or something similar, and shows that sign repeatably.
    - Using the TSS server from tinyumbrella which shows me error 37 after installing old boot custom.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuxEx View Post
    First of all, hi and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm currently sailing in a sea of desperation and horror.
    To summarize my issue, I have an Iphone 3Gs that was running iOS 4.3.3 with one of the bb that couldn't be unlocked and wasn't jailbreaked. Today I decided to jailbreak it cause I was using it only as an Ipod, I run redsn0w with the official ipsw and jb with bb 6.15. Everything went fine until I run Cydia and it wouldn't load, it said something about preparing the system, but a few moments later I was stuck in the apple logo and couldn't even start iOS.
    I've been doing a lot of stuff since then to try to make anything work with no luck, and the worst thing is that I don't have my 4.3.3 blobs and iTunes doesn't take my custom ipsw made with sn0wbreeze (error 3194). From the three versions of ipsw that i have (original, custom for new boot, custom for old boot) iTunes only takes custom for old boot and installs it (after getting into DFU pwned mode) but when it finishes installation it still tells me that my device is in recovery mode and I can't get it to start.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

I'm truly afraid to ask but, in the occasion that a version of sn0wbreeze with support to build a custom 4.3.4/4.3.5 ipsw comes out, will I be able to upgrade even without my shsh?

I have already tried the following:
    - Desactivating the option "set hosts to cydia on exit" from tinyumbrella.
    - Modifying the windows hosts file myself.
    - Restoring official, custom new boot, custom old boot 4.3.3 ipsw which leads to error 3194 in the first two and it gets stuck with a black screen after installing old boot.
    - Forcing exit from recovery mode with tinyumbrella.
    - Trying to get blobs with iFaith which goes well until "apple logo" and then it shows in the phone "unable to find byte sequence" or something similar, and shows that sign repeatably.
    - Using the TSS server from tinyumbrella which shows me error 37 after installing old boot custom.

Thanks in advance for any answer.
    The unable to find byte sequence error is because of blackra1n on 3.1.X. It breaks ifaith and blob dumping.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeuxEx View Post
    ....- Using the TSS server from tinyumbrella which shows me error 37 after installing old boot custom....
    iTunes or Tiny Umbrella? TU errors are not good. They need to be fixed. It's likely something with your computer. A rogue virus is a common problem.

Thanks for the answers but I solved the problem long ago with the help of another forum, I don't know if I can post the link so I'll write a brief explanation of the solution for future references:

Situation:
    I was stuck with a non-booting firmware in 4.3.3 due to something wrong when jailbreaking with redsn0w while trying to install bb 6.15 and didn't have my 4.3.3 blobs.

Solution:
    I was recommended to go to 4.3.5 (my only posible solution due to having a new bootrom 3Gs), the new issue after installing the new fw was that I got bb 6.15 installed and got stuck in recovery mode with error 1015 in iTunes from which I couldn't come out even using recoveryfix. To solve that part I used this youtube video (it says it's for 4.3.4 but if you do the same in 4.3.5 it works anyways):

How to: Fix Error 1015 iPhone 3GS STUCK IN RECOVERY MODE! - YouTube

I got the iphone running again with a tethered jb and moments later I read in some forum you could go to iOS 4.1 even without blobs so I downgraded there (with a sn0wbreeze custom fw) to regain untethered jb (now that I think about this if I had known this earlier I could have just gone to 4.1).

I hope this serves to future generations and thanks again for the answers.

Cheers.