Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help on iOS 4.3.4 jailbreak

Default Need help on iOS 4.3.4 jailbreak
    Hi everyone, for the first time I am having trouble with my jb iphone 4.
    I jbed my iPhone 4 using Redsn0w 0.9.8b3 for Mac. The jb went well, but Cydia keeps crashing.
    I read that there are some corrupted filed I need to delete, but without the ability to install OpenSSH, how am I supposed to do that?
    I also read that I can install OpenSSH without install Cydia, but I couldn't find OpenSSH package anywhere, can someone help me? If you know a link to download OpenSSH, could you please post a link? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mightyPhone; 2011-08-01 at 12:28 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Cydia keeps crashing not because of corrupt files but because its not 100% fully functional on that fw. As was stated in the dev-team blog redsn0w 0.9.8b3 is a beta jb for kernel hackers who know how to modify linux/unix. Best bet would be to downgrade to a lower fw and jb that way as it is more stable.

Statement from Dev-Team blog:
    "Update #3: For the convenience of kernel hackers like @comex and @i0n1c, we have a new redsn0w 0.9.8b3 that supports a TETHERED jailbreak for iOS 4.3.4 on all devices that have 4.3.4 except the iPad2. The vast majority of people will want to stay back at 4.3.3 because thatís where the untethered jailbreak is! There are no new features in 4.3.4 ó only fixes for jailbreak exploits."

Dev-Team Blog - redsn0w iOS5beta

Thanks for the reply. I did try to reverse back to 4.3.3 but iTunes won't let me. What can I do now?
    Because there is a good app from Cydia I really like to use.
    Is this Apple's attempt to stop jailbreaking once and for all?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mightyPhone View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I did try to reverse back to 4.3.3 but iTunes won't let me. What can I do now?
    Because there is a good app from Cydia I really like to use.
    Is this Apple's attempt to stop jailbreaking once and for all?
    Its an attempt to stop it but there are still ways to revert back if you saved your shsh blobs.

What exactly did you try to do and what errors did you get?

I was able to get a 3GS reverted back to 4.1 from 4.3.5 yesterday. Its just a matter of figuring out how to do it and patience.

Thanks again. When I try to restore to 4.3.3, iTunes gave me this "The iphone "my iphone name" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
    Unfortunately, I never quit understand what tha shsh is so I don't know if I had backed it up. I thought I did, what can I do now to rever to 4.3.3?

download tiny umbrella (google it) plug your phone in - hopefully it should be able to get your 4.3.3 shsh via cydia proxy

click backup/import (can't remember without looking)

turn on tss(?) server then restore to 4.3.3 using itunes

Hmmm, I did exactly what you said, somehow in the All saved shushes, I do not see one for 4.3.3 only 4.3.4 4.3.5 5.0b1 5.0b2 and 5.0b3
    I guess it's because my iphone is already on 4.3.4 so it would find 4.3.3? What else can I try?
    Is there another way to jb 4.3.4 and get Cydia working? Does this mean starting from 4.3.4 Apple officially slam the door on jailbreaking.
    Last edited by mightyPhone; 2011-07-27 at 04:20 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hmmm, I did exactly what you said, somehow in the All saved shushes, I do not see one for 4.3.3 only 4.3.4 4.3.5 5.0b1 5.0b2 and 5.0b3
    I guess it's because my iphone is already on 4.3.4 so it would find 4.3.3? What else can I try?
    Is there another way to jb 4.3.4 and get Cydia working? Does this mean starting from 4.3.4 Apple officially slam the door on jailbreaking.
    No. Not quite slammed the door. Just making it more harder for the devs to find different ways and exploits to jailbreak with.

Unfortunately since you started with a 4.3.4 fw thats where the shsh saving starting point was and there is no way to get back up to 4.3.3 without those shsh blobs.

So many people have asked about the 4.3.4-4.3.5 jailbreak already and all I can say is just hold out and see if the devs finish working on it. Its tethered right now but from what I have been reading its not fully functional and this is why Cydia sometimes crashes and being that its tethered, it can be a pain sometimes always having to run redsn0w when the devices needs to be rebooted.

Could you please explain to me why they always say tethered is required when reboot? i JBed with redsn0w, but I never need to tether to reboot my iPhone. Am I missing something?

Could you please explain to me why they always say tethered is required when reboot? i JBed with redsn0w, but I never need to tether to reboot my iPhone. Am I missing something?
    tether boot is required to get the jailbreak apps to work like cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    tether boot is required to get the jailbreak apps to work like cydia.
    its SEMI-TETHERED, and not FULL-TETHERED.
    A fully tethered JB would be one where the system is unbootable and unusable without running the JB code on your PC every time. It really sucks.

Semi-tethered JB (like 4.3.4 appears to be, for at least some hardware- I hear that some machines are fully tethered, but I'm not sure which are or aren't) is a whole lot better, because if you have to reboot without a PC you can still use the phone as a non-jailbroken system.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (2011-08-01)

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    its SEMI-TETHERED, and not FULL-TETHERED.
    A fully tethered JB would be one where the system is unbootable and unusable without running the JB code on your PC every time. It really sucks.

Semi-tethered JB (like 4.3.4 appears to be, for at least some hardware- I hear that some machines are fully tethered, but I'm not sure which are or aren't) is a whole lot better, because if you have to reboot without a PC you can still use the phone as a non-jailbroken system.
    i know what tethered is my friend, but this is semi like you said so i saw no point in going into detail. (not being rude) thanks for going into detail though some1 will find this helpful.

Thank you all for the replies.
    Over the week, it all became clear to me what a tethered reboot mean.
    When I Jb, I didn't know what tethered reboot mean, so Cydia kept crashing ang Safari won't start, but I didn't have to do a tethered reboot, it just reboot normally, then I did a tethered reboot, everything works after that. But now I can no longer do a normal reboot.
    But at least I got all my fav jb apps back