Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can anyone help me with trying to jailbreak my iPhone version 4.2.9?

Default Can anyone help me with trying to jailbreak my iPhone version 4.2.9?
    Hello. I'm new, and I need help!

My phone is on the 4.2.9 firmware, and I have no shsh blobs saved to downgrade. I used kittyra1n's tutorial to jailbreak my phone (using redsn0w).

I installed it installed correctly. Cydia was white, I rebooted it with tether and it was there. I go in, say I'm a user, it updates packages, all is well.

I go to download something, it installs then reboots. Here is the problem, and I've tried to fix it 3 ways: I load it with tether, I've tried letting it load without tether, and I've also tried not clicking reboot and just turning it off and booting it with the tether. Nothing works. I am stuck at the pineapple screen. It won't load, I can't do anything but restore the phone (I've done it 5 times today to figure something out). Any help please?! It's driving me crazy!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Unfortunately its not as easy as it sounds. 4.3.4 and 4.2.9 aren't fully jailbreakable. Its basically for someone who knows how to kernel hack Linux/Unix.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...kers-only.html

I'm having the EXACT same issue Hope somebody knows a workaround.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The best thing you guys on 4.2.9 is wait for the official untethered jb to be released. If you have no SHSHs saved you really don't have any other option.