Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how is my 3GS with 4.3.3 and 5.16.02 jailbroken?

Default how is my 3GS with 4.3.3 and 5.16.02 jailbroken?
    so i decided to upgrade my 3GS baseband to the ipad's and jailbreak it. I was using redsn0w and for whatever reason it didn't allow me to both install cydia and upgrade the baseband at the same time on my mac. So i tried to do it one at a time and didnt work either. So i went over to a windows computer lying around and used redsn0w 0.9.6rc18 and installed cydia. It worked. I have cydia and my phone is working. i just checked my at&t voicemail and installed an app from cydia. Am i missing something? I thought i was supposed to lose all phone functionality when i jailbroke my phone even on an at&t sim... atleast thats what happened when i used pwnagetool.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Using Redsn0w to jailbreak will not wipe out your data, only a restore will wipe out everything and install a fresh new IOS.

If you do not need an unlock, do not update to ipad baseband. Do it only when necessary as it may break your GPS function.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

As long as you activate with your ATT sim card and itunes you can jailbreak no problem. It is when you hactivate that you will not get signal with ATT which is probably what you previously did with pwnage tool.

As Yeow said DO NOT install the ipad baseband if you are on ATT. That is only meant for people who need to unlock and have no other choice.