Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery drain issue on 4.3.3

Default Battery drain issue on 4.3.3
    So, I jailbroken with sn0wbreeze and right after that I noticed a massive battery drain. By massive, I mean going from 100% to 10% in 40 minutes ...

So I read that redsn0w may fix the issue but it didn't even though I tried like 4 times.

any help here? should I downgrade? If so, to what firmware??

thanks in advance guys, I really need your help here..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Restore to stock 4.3.3 then set the phone up as new in iTunes then jailbreak with redsn0w.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Restore to stock 4.3.3 then set the phone up as new in iTunes then jailbreak with redsn0w.
    Can't restore to Stock Firmware.... ultrasn0w unlocker...

You got another idea? and thanks for the reply!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Use PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze to preserve the baseband/unlock.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

sabggal (2011-06-24)

Did that, restored to custom 4.3.3 still drained battery...
    Added the redsn0w jailbreak and it is still draining my battery...

any other suggestions?

You just need to get a few Cydia Tweeks and be careful how you use your phone and soon you'll be able to make your battery last for a while

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

How was it activated? Did you use an authorized SIM? Many unusual battery drain issues are due to activation issues. SAM and hactivation (via custom firmwares) usually work well but using an authorized SIM is the absolute best method.

To test for abnormally high battery drainage, Install ssh and top, then log-in from your computer and run top. If your battery is draining that fast, some process/program (other than top ) must be running all the time.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-06-24 at 05:16 PM.

Thanks for both answers, I didn't install anything from cydia yet but ultrasn0w... so it's not a tweak...
    I activated with an original AT&T sim card, so I don't think the activation is the issue... I'll do what you suggested.

meanwhile, do you think that a downgrade to 4.3.1 will solve it?

thanks guys!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sabggal View Post
    .... do you think that a downgrade to 4.3.1 will solve it?
    Don't think so. I would re-do the custom firmware. Maybe it's got a problem.

the las restore was from a rebuilt custom firmware and a fresh downloaded copy of the stock firmware.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sabggal View Post
    the las restore was from a rebuilt custom firmware and a fresh downloaded copy of the stock firmware.
    Ugg. Side note: Was the battery changed or is this the original stock one?

Stock. and it worked perfectly fine before 4.3.3

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well...... something is amiss. And since 4.3.3 is the latest addition, I would try another. I'm currently on 4.2.1 (3GS) and have no problems. If you've got SHSH blobs saved, go for it .

iPhone? More like MyPhone James360Petty's Avatar
    Thanks

Theres nothing wrong with 4.3.3 as a firmware it works fine on my iP4, the only difference between mine and yours is a custom built FW, only suggestion I have for you is to re-download the firmware and re build it. Shift restore and set up as a new device.

If you need to backup your contacts and SMS db then let me know and ill guide you through!
    "It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them."

Yeah Imma go for that. Thanks for the reply. I'll update you guys soon. thanks again!

Hey just install backgrounder, switcherplus, removebg, and sb settings from Cydia.... Also remember to keep the brightness low, turn off bluetooth, wifi, and location when you aren't using them... This works for me

that's not the drainage i'm talking about.. it's not that I need to charge my phone every day. I need to charge it once in 2 hours. without using it at all... agree with me that it's not a usage drainage. obviously something's wrong here...

but thanks for the reply!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You cannot restore to stock 4.3.3 fw as you are an unlocker, so your only option is custom fw. IOS 4.3.3 is definitely using more current due to its new features. There is this possibility that your battery upon usage, drains faster due to the lifespan of your battery has come to an end. I believe each new battery can only be charged 300 times before its lifespan ends.
    Meanwhile , if you have shsh blob, you can downgrade back to 4.2.1 using custom firmware to test it out.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

sabggal (2011-06-25)

Well, iYeow, thanks for the reply! Yeah I have this iPhone for almost 2 years now so it is possible that it will come to an end soon. But, after a restore to a newly downloaded 4.3.3 and a newly downloaded sn0wbreeze, problem is solved!

Thank you guys for your great help!!!!