Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updated from 4.3.2 to 4.3.3., re-jailbroke, now Cydia is gone?

Default Updated from 4.3.2 to 4.3.3., re-jailbroke, now Cydia is gone?
    Ok, guys...I screwed up. I've searched Google for hours and haven't found anything to help me fix this situation other than a suggested "restore and re-jb". Maybe that's the only answer, but before I resort to that I wanted to explain and get a second opinion.

I jailbroke my iPhone4 for the first time a few months ago using Redsn0w. Everything went off without a hitch and I've been enjoying the hell out of it. Well, I've been putting off upgrading to 4.3.3 because I had no idea how to do it without losing all the hard work I'd put into modding my newly jailbroken phone. After a bit of research, I discovered xBackup was a much more affordable alternative to Pkgbackup and decided to give it a try. So today I got everything all set up and ready to go, backed up the phone, updated via iTunes, and set Redsn0w loose.

Only one problem: I forgot to UNCHECK "Install Cydia" before I ran the program. So everything seems to be going great until the phone restarts and I discover that Cydia is nowhere to be found. Nowhere. Not a white icon, not any icon at all. It's just not on there.

So what do I do? Is there a simple way I can get it back, keeping in mind that everything else is gone too (Terminal, iFile, etc.)? If I restore and re-jailbreak, will I lose my xBackup data? Is a restore the only way to go or is there something better/easier? Any help is appreciated...please.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You should be able to run Redsn0w again, click 'install Cydia' and let it run. Since the other alternative is to start from scratch, you've got nothing to loose

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    You should be able to run Redsn0w again, click 'install Cydia' and let it run. Since the other alternative is to start from scratch, you've got nothing to loose
    *sigh* I re-ran the program twice, once with "install cydia" checked and once with it unchecked. Still no Cydia on the phone. I guess I'll wait a bit longer to see if there are any more responses...then I'm going for a restore. My feelings are so sad right now.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by autumneffect View Post
    *sigh* I re-ran the program twice, once with "install cydia" checked and once with it unchecked. Still no Cydia on the phone.....
    Can I assume you rebooted the phone several times after running Redsn0w? If yes, well ... good luck. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Yes, you can assume. I'm so pissed at myself for making such a stupid mistake. Ah well, thank you for your help! At least my phone didn't explode, or worse, brick.

you may have done what i did and used the wrong ipsw, i downloaded and used an iphone 3_4.33_8j2 instead of an ipod 4,1_4.33_j82 by mistake and there was no cuydia icon obviously.

just check to make sure you have the correct ipsw.
    Question?