Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Strange redsn0w crash, iOS 4.3.3

Thumbs down Strange redsn0w crash, iOS 4.3.3
    So I recently updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 4.3.3 and it doesnt matter for me because i am using the Gevey SIM (pls no spamming on its legality) and so after finally getting past all of those restore errors (1601, 1031...etc) the phone finally restored and its onto the jailbreak.
    So I downloaded the latest version of redsn0w and the 4.3.3 official FW. I open up redsn0w and change the properties to run on XP Service Pack 3, and to run as adminstrator. Finally I start it up, load up the IPSW, it gets identified and when I get to the next step, it says "Locating IPSW" and then Windows gives me the "redsn0w.exe has stopped working" I usually heard of this error during the jailbreak process but not this early in the program. If anyone has any suggestions, (I am thinking of just using a different computer, maybe a mac or another PC) that would be great!
    Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

redownload redsn0w, you can also use rc16, you may have more luck with it. Also make sure the 4.3.3 is in ipsw form and not zip form.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Open redsn0w, open task manager, right-click in your processes redsn0w: select set affinity. Checkmark CPU0. Try redsn0w again.