Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's going on with my phone?!

Angry What's going on with my phone?!
    Hi I'm new to these forums so a jolly big hello to you all first.

Before my little story I'd like you to know that I'm talking about an iPhone4 running 4.3.3 firmware with the baseband 04.10.01.

Not so long ago (a couple of weeks) I was running 4.2.1 firmware that was jailbroken with Greenpois0n. I woke up one morning to find my phone asking me to plug it into iTunes. After a bit of research on the fact that no matter what I did it wouldn't work, I established that it was stuck in the loop recovery mode. No problem. I decided to completely restore my phone and update to the latest firmware (being 4.3.3). I had a little trouble doing this as a million errors came up not allowing me to do it but I borrowed my brother's computer and it did it first time on there with no problems. Sorted.

So wow, I have myself a completely fresh phone. I even got rid of all my contacts and things and decided to start all over. Wonderful. So I obviously got all of my music and contacts etc back on my phone and then I decided to re-jailbreak it. Redsn0w this time. I did it all fine and really pimped out my phone. I loved it and my phone was back to normal. So later that evening I got about 5 texts in the space of 3 seconds. Clearly they'd been waiting to get through. It was at this point I noticed that every few mins my phone was losing signal down to 1 bar, losing its carrier for a few seconds, relocating its carrier and then popping back up to full signal. I figured I'd live with it but it proved to be very annoying. I decided to get rid of the jailbreak and wait for a better one to come out as it was clearly not working for me. So I completely restored my phone again and put everything back on it but it's still doing it and I have no idea why!

I've also noticed that even when it is full signal I'm not getting texts when they're sent. I'll get them a few hours later. I know this because it shows what time they were sent back and they don't match what time I actually received them. Before restoring after my jailbreak with Redsn0w I even downloaded Ultra Sn0w as I was told it might sort the problem. Unfortunately it didn't. So now I have myself a non jailbroken iPhone4 that's losing all of it's signal and then it's carrier every few minutes, receiving texts late and possibly not allowing calls to get through to me... What the hells going on?! I've read about others having the same problem but it seems they're not getting any signal at all whereas mines just popping down every few minutes. I'm going to guess it's something to do with Redsn0w. Any comments or help on this would be much appreciated as I'm pretty peeeesssed off with all of this now.

Thanks in advance

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If it's still doing it after a fresh restore, it's not redsn0w, and something else is amiss. Could be a hardware problem.

Thanks

it's definitely not redsn0w causing the problem, when you restored did you set up as new or restore from backup, if you set up as new then i would say it's a hardware problem

I did both a restore from backup and setup from new. It's still doing it. I guess it's time to take a trip into town and try and get myself a free iPhone then. Thanks for the help