Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone stuck on apple logo, can't boot with redsn0w

Default iPhone stuck on apple logo, can't boot with redsn0w
    Hi,
    Couple of months ago i jailbroke my iPhone 3Gs and unlocked with redsn0w. it has the tethered jailbreak and whenever the iPhone turned off, it was stuck on the apple logo and i was able to boot it tethered using the redsn0w. Today it turned off and for some reason it is stuck on the apple logo and i cannot boot it using redsn0w. it won't turn off and i can't put it into DFU mode. it turns off by itself every 3-5 min and then gets stuck on apple logo again, until it repeats again. any help?? please!!

try this, just be warned, you will need to restore, and should be able to do an untethered jailbreak:

1) Hold buttons sleep + home untill iPhone turns off;
    2) Open iTunes;
    3) Hold home button and plug the phone to your computer. The phone will turn on and the iTunes + Arrow + cable screen will appear.;
    4) iTunes will recover you phone from unsuccessful recovery process.

then, just jailbreak your phone again

Quote Originally Posted by macleod1976 View Post
    try this, just be warned, you will need to restore, and should be able to do an untethered jailbreak:

1) Hold buttons sleep + home untill iPhone turns off;
    2) Open iTunes;
    3) Hold home button and plug the phone to your computer. The phone will turn on and the iTunes + Arrow + cable screen will appear.;
    4) iTunes will recover you phone from unsuccessful recovery process.

then, just jailbreak your phone again
    i tried that already...at first it didnt turn off at all.....then it turned off and showed that the battery died while it was full before the phone turned off....and now i can't even turn it off at all :/

keep trying. it may take longer than you think, BUT THIS WILL WORK. I used this to recover the iphone I bought from what the old owner called a fried battery.

Quote Originally Posted by macleod1976 View Post
    keep trying. it may take longer than you think, BUT THIS WILL WORK. I used this to recover the iphone I bought from what the old owner called a fried battery.
    if it was unlocked after upgrading the baseband to iPadís 06.15.00 baseband will the unlock be gone after restoring or will it still be there? i heard there are many issues with iphone after upgrading to this baseband?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Updating your baseband to ipad baseband may break your GPS function and you have to use custom firmware to restore for firmwares of 4.2.1 or higher. Since your baseband is not going to change if you have the ipad bb, you can always use Ultrasn0w from Cydia to unlock after your jailbreak.