Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: where are the monds at???

Angry where are the monds at???
    im having problems trying to get the restore to work4.3.3 for some reason i can't change the file to ipsw i extracted it and now have to files. one that looks like a stack of books the other that looks like a file folder.

the file that looks like a folder has this in it

firmware
    038.1417.003.dmg
    038.1436.003.dmg
    038.1447.003.dmg
    BuildManifest
    kernelcache.release.n88
    Restore

when i try to open up the folder that looks like a stack of books i start off first taking out the word restore and put in ipsw but nothing happens then i go to open up the folder and i get the same message as up above when a second file was name. can anyone tell me how can i change this 4.3.3 file to a ipsw...??? PLEASE

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You don't extract it, you leave it as ipsw.
    Perhaps you are not seeing the file extensions, did you disable the option to hide file extensions for known file types in Folder Options?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to goofball2k For This Useful Post:

debo19832003 (2011-05-30)

i didn't know i had to do any of that. where do i do that at. where do i find this info so i can disable it. plz help

i didn't know i had to do any of that. where do i do that at. where do i find this info so i can see. plz help. when i download the folder it doesn't come in a ipsw file. it comes as a stack of books and says
    iphone2,1_4.3.3_8j2_restore(1) i went to the folder and click on options then security then settings it says prohibited file types and the box is unchecked. is that what you were reffering ????
    Last edited by debo19832003; 2011-05-30 at 07:30 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You need to see the full file extension. It's showing as a stack of books because it is a zip file and I'm guessin you have Winrar installed.
    So go to Control Panel, and look for Folder Options. Then in View, make sure the option to hide extensions for known file types is NOT CHECKED. Click Apply button, then ok.
    Now if you click on the iphone file, you should see what the extension is. Change the extension to ipsw.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to goofball2k For This Useful Post:

debo19832003 (2011-05-31)

I just figure it out 4:30am in the morning yesterday. I've been obsessed with trying to figure it out and finally did through some videos. Thanks for the help