Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I reinstall Cydia?

Default How do I reinstall Cydia?
    I'm having a problem with my voicemail crashing and then restarting my iPhone in 'Safe Mode'. I heard that reinstalling Cydia might resolve the issue, but I'm new to Jailbreaking and I'm not entirely sure how to do this and I'm hoping someone can help

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

To reinstall the best thing to do is to restore and rejb. Depending on what device you have and what firmware you are on, different tools may be required.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

katastrophic (2011-08-29)

Banned
    Thanks
    If you are having problems with cydia, it crashes on launch or it just won't work, download latest cydia:

Then SSH It to:

/User/(here)

Type in MobileTerminal:
    su
    then your password (alpine)

then:
    dpkg -i /User/Cydia.deb

That should install Cydia, erasing any major problems you have been having. If all else fails, DFU and Restore,

To SSH: download either PhoneView(Shareware) or Cyberduck (freeware)

Install In Cydia:
    OpenSSH and SBSettings (If not installed already)

SBSettings is so you can turn on SSH in the menu. :hooray:

Reboot after installing those, and then:

For CyberDuck:

Open up CyberDuck, click on the Bonjour Tab and your device should be there, if it isn't reboot your iPod/iPhone and reopen Cyberduck. Once it is there, double click it and type in the following:

(Username) root
    (Password) alpine

Then it will connect, then follow the above instructions :wink:

For PhoneView:

Open PhoneView and attach your iPhone/iPod Touch through USB. It will automatically open PhoneView. Go to Preferences and check Show Entire Disk (Advanced Disk Mode)

Then sync it to the specified spot explain above :wink:

Download Terminal in cydia and type in the commands :wink:

Hi, I deleted my cydia by mistake. I tried to use WinSCP, but it did not work. It just timed out on me. Right after I jailbroken and unlocked my iphone 3gs ios (4.2.1 fw 5.15.04), I immediately deleted Cydia by mistake. How can get Cydia by? (I donot have CydiaDuck or Rock, or any useful tools to help me. I tried to rejailbreak, but no good. Does anyone can point me to the right direction? How to re-install cydia, how to fresh restore? Thanks.