Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsnow 0.9.6rc16 + 4.3.3

Default Redsnow 0.9.6rc16 + 4.3.3
    Hello!

First of all i wanna say this is the first time im trying to jailbreak anything, and the guids / turtorials on the inet is pretty obvious and easy to understand, still im havin some troubbles that maybee some1 can give me a hint how to solve.

Im on iphone 4GS

So first of all itunes updated my iphone from the autoupdate to 4.3.3. Then i downloaded the redsnow 0.9.6rc16 and started it as admin in xp mode as they say, so far so good, i get to the point where i shall hit browse and locate my firmware file wich im downloading from a site iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download, thats the site all guides/turtotials refer to, so i download the latest called "iphone3,1_4.3.3_8j2_restore.zip" 666MB filesize.

I unziped the file and gets thoose "file folders"

Firmware
    038-1423-003.dmg
    038-1437-003.dmg
    038-1449-003.dmg
    BuildManifest
    kernelcache.release.k48
    kernelcache.release.n81
    kernelcache.release.n90
    Restore

Somewhere here i thought i should have a file called something like 4.3.3 with the filextension ipsw wich i could choose in redsnow as my firmware file, but there simply are none, even i nthe folder called firmware its nothing like that, or any file i can "choose" as firmware file in redsnow.

I would appriciate it so much if any1 had 2 minutes to tell me whats wrong or if you had the same issue and know the "workaround" etc..

Okej, thanks in advance

Kind regards

Andreas
    Last edited by hoolmertzz; 2011-05-19 at 10:21 PM.

I am actually having problems with this Jailbreak, i'm on Iphone 4,

the problem i am getting might be minor, it makes my phone unresponsive, meaning i'll get a Text message from someone and it'll be a Black screen, as if the phone is turned off, only way to fix is a Hard Restart (or whatever it's called)

any idea's?

Quote Originally Posted by TrixMix2007 View Post
    I am actually having problems with this Jailbreak, i'm on Iphone 4,

the problem i am getting might be minor, it makes my phone unresponsive, meaning i'll get a Text message from someone and it'll be a Black screen, as if the phone is turned off, only way to fix is a Hard Restart (or whatever it's called)

any idea's?
    Make your own thread for crying out loud or borrow mine if it atleast had something to do with it :S

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

First of all there's no such thing as an iPhone 4GS. It's either an iPhone 4 or an iPhone 3GS. Secondly you never unzip or extract the firmware. iTunes and redsn0w only recognize it in .ipsw format.

Quote Originally Posted by hoolmertzz View Post
    Hello!

First of all i wanna say this is the first time im trying to jailbreak anything, and the guids / turtorials on the inet is pretty obvious and easy to understand, still im havin some troubbles that maybee some1 can give me a hint how to solve.

Im on iphone 4GS

So first of all itunes updated my iphone from the autoupdate to 4.3.3. Then i downloaded the redsnow 0.9.6rc16 and started it as admin in xp mode as they say, so far so good, i get to the point where i shall hit browse and locate my firmware file wich im downloading from a site iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download, thats the site all guides/turtotials refer to, so i download the latest called "iphone3,1_4.3.3_8j2_restore.zip" 666MB filesize.

I unziped the file and gets thoose "file folders"

Firmware
    038-1423-003.dmg
    038-1437-003.dmg
    038-1449-003.dmg
    BuildManifest
    kernelcache.release.k48
    kernelcache.release.n81
    kernelcache.release.n90
    Restore

Somewhere here i thought i should have a file called something like 4.3.3 with the filextension ipsw wich i could choose in redsnow as my firmware file, but there simply are none, even i nthe folder called firmware its nothing like that, or any file i can "choose" as firmware file in redsnow.

I would appriciate it so much if any1 had 2 minutes to tell me whats wrong or if you had the same issue and know the "workaround" etc..

Okej, thanks in advance

Kind regards

Andreas
    Sorry about that, only thing i can tell you is, just watch the guide, it's really simple.... and the App tells you what to do,
    Also 4GS? you got a bootleg yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    First of all there's no such thing as an iPhone 4GS. It's either an iPhone 4 or an iPhone 3GS. Secondly you never unzip or extract the firmware. iTunes and redsn0w only recognize it in .ipsw format.
    What he said ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    its an iphone 4 i got.

with the info i gave you, can u point me towards the right firmware file and DL location ? Cause in all guides they point me to the one i wrote in first message wich is an ziped or rared file on 666 MB and does not contain any file with the extension .ipsw

Regards
    Last edited by hoolmertzz; 2011-05-19 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hoolmertzz View Post
    its an iphone 4 i got.

with the info i gave you, can u point me towards the right firmware file and DL location ? Cause in all guides they point me to the one i wrote in first message wich is an ziped or rared file on 666 MB and does not contain any file with the extension .ipsw

Regards

all i did was typed in, Jailbreak 4.3.3 Limera1n in to google, should be the very first link.

Just rename the .zip or .rar to .ipsw.