Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.2.1 on 3G

If your using Windows Vista, go to the taskmanager and right click on the redsn0w process and select "set affinty" and select ONLY CPU0
    If you have Windows Seven, run redsn0w in XP Compatbility Mode.

Hey Guys keep getting messed up with this...

iphone 3G, 4.2.1 on 05.15.04

JB with RC14 with apple 4.2.1 ISPW

Need to unlock. tried the rc16 over the rc14 to up the BB but everytime i do it Redsn0w kicks me out and i have to reset teh phone by pressing power and home.

any clues.

oh, also, WIn 7,XP 2 Comp Mode, ran as admin...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolzyeahtech141 View Post
    If your using Windows Vista, go to the taskmanager and right click on the redsn0w process and select "set affinty" and select ONLY CPU0
    If you have Windows Seven, run redsn0w in XP Compatbility Mode.
    Great ! It works ! Thank you very much.

To unlock the iPhone 3G, I run the RedSn0w version 0.9.6b5 with the option to upgrade to the iPad baseband. The version 0.9.6b4 can jailbreak, but can't upgrade the baseband 06.15.00 (required to unlock).

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PURE XTC View Post
    Hey Guys keep getting messed up with this...

iphone 3G, 4.2.1 on 05.15.04

JB with RC14 with apple 4.2.1 ISPW

Need to unlock. tried the rc16 over the rc14 to up the BB but everytime i do it Redsn0w kicks me out and i have to reset teh phone by pressing power and home.

any clues.

oh, also, WIn 7,XP 2 Comp Mode, ran as admin...

Thanks
    You should be using rc8 or rc12 not anything higher. Didn't you thank my post in the other thread with the links I provided for rc8? Download that and try with that version. Also run it in xp compatibility mode.

Ok guys this is doing my head in, I'm trying to jailbreak my iPhone 3G 4.2.1 on redsnow/greenpoison but I just can't get it work.

Redsnow problems.
    Recognised iPhone in dfu but then once it get passed the exploiting bit it waits fir the iPhone to boot but that just never happens, I then have to restore the iPhone as I can't even get it back ok from here.

Greenpoison.

Green poison didn't even recognise that the phone is In dfu I dfu I have tried lots of times and it just won't see it.

I have done lots of jailbreaks before and never had this problem.

Will be very grateful for any help.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Greenpois0n doesn't work on iPhone 3G on 4.2.1.

You need to make sure your redsn0w is version rc8 or rc12 and if you're on win7 to run redsn0w in xp compatibility mode.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12