Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Who else thinks redsn0w is absolute garbage?

Default Who else thinks redsn0w is absolute garbage?
    Here is what I am dealing with:

http://modmyi.com/forums/redsn0w/763...onstantly.html

Maybe this title will get someones attention, at least someone who knows what to do. I am completely fed up with this crap. I jailbroke the phone EXACTLY how the directions say to with the EXACT files it says multiple times at that. Now it is even worse. I cannot make calls without it freezing and restarting. Anyone have a better program to jailbreak with? Thank you.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm inclined to say that your question hasn't been answered in that thread because you were attempting to obtain something via a repo that hosts warez.

To answer your main question though, you may jailbreak your device with Sn0wbreeze if you hate redsn0w. Honestly I find redsn0w one of the best, I use it myself, I would recommend you use Sn0wbreeze instead if redsn0w twice has failed on you.

Btw, if you're restoring from back up, don't do that. Set up as new. If you are, then try again

Thank you very much for replying. I think the issue may have been that I was jailbreaking with redsnow rc14 where since I have 4.3.3 I should be using rc16. Does that make sense? What's the issue with restoring from a backup? I restored completely new then reloaded all my last sync'd data. Will that make for bad things? Thank you.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Well it could have been. I believe rc15 is the one made for 4.3.3 so that's the minimum one you should've used. And rc16 is newest which is probably the best to use. I don't see how rc14 would've failed though bc if you're able to plug 4.3.3 into it, it should've done fine.

I don't know. Weird. Have you tried rc16 then?

Oh and restoring from back up is *usually* ok but sometimes it carries over previous problems or can cause a problem with previous jailbreak residue. Get what I'm saying?

I will do this tomorrow and let ya know. I know what you mean about the past problems, I just don't to have to completely redo everything on my phone haha. I will use rc16 and I will give an update, hopefully I can make phone calls haha. An another issue I had with it was a bunch of errors in cydia with **********. They were red and yellow when opening cydia haha.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

The errors should go away so long as you have done a restore and set up as new for good measure.

Thanks

Rc15 or rc16 would do it like Annie said. I've had issues with 14 but I think it's because it's for 4.3.2 but not sure. As for the cydia errors remove that warez source and your problems will be gone there.

FYI rc16 fixes the volume slider/vibration issue in rc15 but either should work for you.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You're absolutely right. Rc14 wasnt released for 4.3.3.

Thanks

Thanks just backing you up. You are on it tonight. Was looking threw new posts trying to help but you beat me to most of them.

Thank you both very much. How do I remove the warez thing?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Looks like you've got to search and type faster

Thanks

I think so. Search ha just keep hitting new posts is all.

To remove it just look in sources in cydia and remove the one you typed earlier that was censored.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seven9er View Post
    Thank you both very much. How do I remove the warez thing?
    ? What do you mean

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    I think so. Search ha just keep hitting new posts is all.
    I'm a lot slower when I'm on my iPhone. Now's your chance haha. I was on my Mac the whole day so it was a speedy day for me.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-05-13 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

He said for the cydia errors I have to remove the warez. I have no idea what that is.

Thanks

He said he had red andyellow errors in cydia with some source that mmi censored in a few posts back. So I assumed it was a warez source.

The questionable one was **mod edit: to prevent support of warez, removed repo name** I think.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Ah I see. Well like I said if you've restored and set up as new after, those errors won't happen again. But we don't condone piracy so I'm inclined to say don't install warez after your restore to avoid future errors

If I knew it was bad I never would have done it. I'm not cool with breaking the rules.

Thanks

I didn't see where he was restoring and seeing up as new. I just read the part about the errors in Cydia **mod edit: warez repo removed** is considered warez here.

Your all good I don't think she'll five you an infraction this time. Jk.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-05-13 at 04:55 AM.

Ahhh. I got ya. Won't happen again ha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast